• ...and so much more!
  • JTinIN

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2010
    Home Range Richmond
    HK Sears, FN Sears and M2 carbine conversion kits come to mind of what I have had or fired of friends.

autosear_top_v2_small.jpg

JTinIN

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2010
    Home Range Richmond
    Are the M2 conversion kits themselves the registered part on the rifle?

Tittle II M2 carbines can be a registered receiver, registered part (the trigger housing was always a nice touch to form 1 in the old days) or a registered kit, often with one part having the serial number and that is the part you can't replace. The HKs are similar .....

Sort of. They work in all of the HK roller locked guns, not just the 90 series guns.

The majority of German HK roller lock guns came in as the three common HK90 series guns (i.e. 91, 93 and 94) plus the SP89 (only one short of ninety ;-) and now days there are a lot of US made "clones" including Mike's MM23eK in the photos. "90 series" and "roller lock HKs" are really close to the same, just trying to separate from the newer "AR" based HKs. I think we are both in the same chapter if not on the same page.

http://www.556Beltfed.com

jon5212

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Question, where can one go to see diagrams, or possible videos of how an automatic weapon works. Anyone know if public library would have literature on this?

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Interesting, so was the bolt altered in any fashion in the conversion?

Yes, they are slotted to clear the bolt blocking rail and milled to clear the barrel restrictor ring, both items are present on a semi gun to prevent an SMG bolt from being used.

JTinIN

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2010
    Home Range Richmond
    I'm aware of Lightning links and RDIAS for AR-15s, but what else is out there?

I am guessing you are looking at a "system" gun, which is limited to two and a half choices, M16 based, HK based and Uzi based (half choice since limited to pistol calibers).

The uppers on the M16 based is lower cost, some question if you can use the parts in the larger 308 receiver "AR's (legal not technical), however, more choices for belt fed uppers, in particular in 308, in the HK and for subguns the MP5 is a little nicer IMO than a M16 9mm.

Take Care
    John

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Good catch and there might have been some trigger pack or sear Uzi's ... but don't know what got forced married later.

Maybe a SP89 or HK21e/HK23e .... however, I have always lumped them in.

There are other variants that are not 90's numbered guns. I'm aware of a 33 and a 53, plus the above mentioned belt-feds.

I guess I should've clarified that the sears are not limited to JUST 90-series MARKED guns, but also with the other HK roller-locked guns.

THe 32's, 33's and 53's are mostly custom-made guns produced now, not your typical stuff you can buy in a gun shop.

Top Bottom