West Lafayette, IN
    katana.jpg

GunSlinger77

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Hmm alright. All sound good. I think the baton is the best idea I like so far. I knife may be the next best. I appreciate all of the help guys. Gotta keep the women in our life safe!

A knife? Sorry, but unless she is into cutting flesh with a knife, you may want to come up with a different option. Knife play also requires skill or it will easily be taken away and then used against her. I've been sprayed and tased. The spray doesn't hurt everyone equally, so I would not recommend that as the only weapon. It did hurt everyone I qualified with!! The taser is for closer confrontations and she would definately need to practice. (they have practice cart.) I don't use the personal carry one at work, just the big one for duty, so I don't know if the one you were looking at had a red laser on it for aiming. Bottom line...spray them first to buy some reaction time and then use your favorite back up!!

CopperWires

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    www.tigerlight.net I don't have one but I heard a podcast interview with the owner. And while he seems a little crazy and too sure of himself, I think he has a good product here. The T100 is a little bulky but the design is well thought out. One of the things he kept harping on was the body and minds natural reaction. The way you hold the light is perfect if someone lunges at you. It gives you the opportunity to spray the OC when your flinch. The natural movement of blocking and squeezing your hand puts the OC spray in their direction unless of course you are attacked from behind.

troycowan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2009
    Bedford, IN
    had this same problem with my wife, i ended up teaching her some hand to hand combat techniques that we use in the military. never trust something that could break or not work, your hands and body will always work and it is alot quicker to respond with. just an idea teaching her some strike and retreat technique would work if needed.

BrandonM

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Morgan County
    had this same problem with my wife, i ended up teaching her some hand to hand combat techniques that we use in the military. never trust something that could break or not work, your hands and body will always work and it is alot quicker to respond with. just an idea teaching her some strike and retreat technique would work if needed.

Its funny you mention that because I use to study Jiu Jitsu and we always mess around with that but the problem is she is pretty small framed-under 5 foot. So the only logical choice for her would be a swift kick in the you know what..lol But some hand to hand stuff is better than none. Thanks for the input

Top Bottom