• ...and so much more!
  • sapper83

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 26, 2024
    Valparaiso
    I assume you work for a company as an employee, Under the umbrella of a Union Contract.
    Yeah, i see the way they treat company people and it is terrible. We used to jump over after years but no one does anymore. Our contract is odd bc we have different sections to it depending on your job classification.

sapper83

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 26, 2024
    Valparaiso

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    He does talk like a billionaire! :spend:
    I think he is exaggerating a little :)

Unless there is something I don't know. Which there are a lot of things I don't know. He woulda had to max out SS earnings for like 100 years even if he was self employed :)

sapper83

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 26, 2024
    Valparaiso
    Making all that money you speak of and you can't retire without SS?!

Something isn't adding up...
    Im definitely not counting on social security! I can retire now, really. I just think it is bullcrap i pay into something and probably won't see the fruits of MY labor.

People always make so many assumptions instead of asking I would love to talk to people about my feild. I preach i hit the bluecollar lottery.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Im definitely not counting on social security! I can retire now, really. I just think it is bullcrap i pay into something and probably won't see the fruits of MY labor.
    I heard all of that since I was a kid, it will still be there when you retire.
    So much of our population only has SS to live on, to many people just made endless bad decisions. A huge part of our population will implode without a monthly SS or SSDI check coming in being there only income.

sapper83

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 26, 2024
    Valparaiso
    I heard all of that since I was a kid. It will still be there when you retire.
    So much of our population only has SS to live on. too many people just made endless bad decisions. A huge part of our population will implode without a monthly SS or SSDI check coming in being their only income.
    I know some people you can give millions to and they will **** it away.

I work with a guy, complete facts here, he is 58, and he has under 100k in his 401k bc he keeps taking loans to pay credit cards or buy toys! :toilet2::ugh:

racegunz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 6, 2015
    Indiana
    I know some people you can give millions to and they will **** it away.

I work with a guy, complete facts here, he is 58, and he has under 100k in his 401k bc he keeps taking loans to pay credit cards or buy toys! :toilet2::ugh:
    Don’t be too hard on him, I’m running out of fingers to count my shop co-workers that died before they retired. Their wives are doing pretty good, don’t wait too long, if you can retire and you have things you want to do you better do it! Tomorrow is not guaranteed.

sapper83

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 26, 2024
    Valparaiso
    Don’t be too hard on him, I’m running out of fingers to count my shop co-workers that died before they retired. Their wives are doing pretty good, don’t wait too long, if you can retire and you have things you want to do you better do it! Tomorrow is not guaranteed.
    Amen to that!!!! I plan to retire at 55 and we live it up now!

There is a few guys that wont retire, funny thing is they are the most miserable people. One guy is 70 has 50 years! He is loosing money working!

HoosierLife

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Greenwood
    That is your top marginal rate for income between $47,151 to $100,525. Everything under $47K is taxed at 10%-12%. Bonuses are a flat 22% on the whole thing.
    No lol. 23-24% is my marginal. I know. I just paid my quarterly tax bill smh.

I understand our progressive tax rate system.

My marginal tax rate would be a lot higher. But I have a lot of itemized deductions.

Last edited:

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    No taxes on OT has me asking a few questions.

So i max out my roth 401k and a roth IRA. The percentage comes out of my over all income not just 40 hour base? Now how would I contribute? Companies would have to do more book keeping.
    Companies wouldn't have more bookkeeping, you might. 401k investments are pretax.
    I feel property tax, sales tax, registration fees, even state taxes will sky rocket to make up the difference. Will this cause inflation? The middle class pays most the taxes.
    All of those are state taxes, why would they go up due to a decrease in fed taxes?

And no, just no. The middle class doesn't pay the most in fed income taxes. The top 1% pay around 46% of total tax revenue, top 5% put in 65%.

Also does the standard and itemization now go off base wages???
    Both of those aren't based on income, but yes it could and probably would increase difficulty in tax prep.

Top Bottom