• ...and so much more!
  • snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Serious question out of my own ignorance. I've never worked for a company that provided health insurance. Does the employee pay income tax on the amount the company pays for them?

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    You working stiffs and taxes!

You better plan for retirement and retire as early as possible. I pay taxes on my military retirement then get it back makes no sense.

sapper83

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 26, 2024
    Valparaiso
    I've never heard of bonuses based on how much you cost the company. Usually bonuses are based on how much you make for or save the company. :scratch:
    You're not very familiar with unions.I take it? So it's called profit sharing really. So they take our earnings per share for the year, plug that into some equation with safety numbers, And some other metrics to get a percentage For the bonus. Then they take whatever you grossed last year and use that percentage as your bonus. It was like 10.6% percent last year. Hell there were some guys that got over fifty thousand dollar bonus because they made a half million dollars.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    You're not very familiar with unions.I take it? So it's called profit sharing really. So they take our earnings per share for the year, plug that into some equation with safety numbers, And some other metrics to get a percentage For the bonus. Then they take whatever you grossed last year and use that percentage as your bonus. It was like 10.6% percent last year. Hell there were some guys that got over fifty thousand dollar bonus because they made a half million dollars.
    Okay, well as you said, that's really profit sharing and not a "bonus", at least not in the traditional sense. For example, if you produced way over your quota of widgets (which the union would never allow), then the company would pay you a bonus for increased productivity. Or if you made a process improvement that saved the company money, then the company might pay you a bonus based on that.

Top Bottom