• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chuckp

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2009
    Central IN
    Here in IN, my understanding is that you don't have to show your NFA paperwork to anyone other than the ATF. It appears that Virginia may be different based in how the state laws regarding NFA items are written.

Who can ask to see my tax stamp? | The Law Office of John Pierce, Esq.

Ok, how do you prove the NFA item is legal to the police if asked? If you do not show proof then I bet they will take it. Try and get it back from them if you were being a dick and telling them they had no right to see your paperwork. Maybe I'm wrong.

Chuck

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars

ROLEXrifleman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Sorry i haven't been on with a resolution but I've been getting ready for rotator cuff surgery.

I called and spoke with the Examiner and it was a simple clerical error. The ATF copy was inadvertently mailed to me and the stamped copies were kept by them. I simply returned the unstamped copies and she sent me the proper paperwork. Pretty simple mistake anyone could make.

I asked if I could assemble the SBR since the approval was already in the system and she stated that she knew I was going to ask that and her supervisor said to wait.

So there you have it.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Sorry i haven't been on with a resolution but I've been getting ready for rotator cuff surgery.

I called and spoke with the Examiner and it was a simple clerical error. The ATF copy was inadvertently mailed to me and the stamped copies were kept by them. I simply returned the unstamped copies and she sent me the proper paperwork. Pretty simple mistake anyone could make.

I asked if I could assemble the SBR since the approval was already in the system and she stated that she knew I was going to ask that and her supervisor said to wait.

So there you have it.

Thanks for the update, good to know!

Good luck with your surgery I hope everything turns out well!

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009

So there you have it.

That's sort of a "don't ask, don't tell" scenario.

THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    That's sort of a "don't ask, don't tell" scenario.

My thoughts exactly. I would hope that in the extremely rare circumstance whee ATF saw you with the gun out in public before you got the correct stamp back that they would potentially let it slide one they verified your story. And even if they didn't I can't imagine a judge prosecuting for something like that. But then again, better safe than sorry. You've waited this long already, whats another week or two?

Top Bottom