• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    Not to nitpick, but while most people consider Notre Dame part of South Bend it is actually not part of South Bend anymore, it has become its own city. Which is fine, keep those brats out of my city.

Notre Dame, Indiana - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sorry, :hijack:

I have lived in the area for 10 years and always though they were an incorporated part of South Bend. Since they are not, would that make the entire campus grounds a political subdivision?

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    The law banning high-cap mags was never truly implemented, yet it made it onto the books. The city of South Bend knows full and well that this non-law remains on the books but they refuse to take it off.

You should contact Len at Len's Ammo Shop in South Bend. He has everything you need to send to any vendor who will not ship to South Bend. He can be reached at (574) 233-4867.

Call right away to set this vendor straight.

Dave00c5

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    South Bend
    The law banning high-cap mags was never truly implemented, yet it made it onto the books. The city of South Bend knows full and well that this non-law remains on the books but they refuse to take it off.

You should contact Len at Len's Ammo Shop in South Bend. He has everything you need to send to any vendor who will not ship to South Bend. He can be reached at (574) 233-4867.

Imagine That! :dunno:

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana

I love Len. He is great entertainment at gun shows (or at least use to be). There was nothing better than watching him spewing his hate for just about everyone and everything. Does he still actually even do any business?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I love Len. He is great entertainment at gun shows (or at least use to be). There was nothing better than watching him spewing his hate for just about everyone and everything. Does he still actually even do any business?

We stopped going to gun shows for awhile (4 or 5 years ago) because of him. He asked the wife if she had her carry permit. She said no. He started yelling at her about it and it drew a bit of a crowd.

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    Have Fed Ex sent to a holding facility that will accept the shipment outside of S. Bend. Maybe the Granger location.

The problem has been resolved. Since the new laws have taken effect last July they rendered South Bends local ordinances useless and illegal in the eyes of the state.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    South Bend's ordinance has been illegal since 1994.*

*Indiana's preemption statute was effective January 1, 1994. The South Bend ordinance was enacted February 21, 1994.

The 1994 preemption statute grandfathered Gary and East Chicago but not South Bend.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    Whoa guys!

I was in no way endorsing Len's ammo business, or even Len for Miss Congeniality. I simply instructed the OP to contact Len, as he is the only person I know of that has paperwork ready to fax out to any vendor who will not ship high cap mags to South Bend. This seemed to be the most expeditious way to achieve his ends.

We now return to your normal Bash Len programming...

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    "No Shipping to South Bend????"

And here I jumped to the conclusion that since anything of value transported in NW Indiana needed to go by armored truck that costs just dissuaded shipping merchandise. :):

Just thinking about South Bend and Gary makes us hillbilly's want to buy more magazines. :ar15:

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    Whoa guys!

I was in no way endorsing Len's ammo business, or even Len for Miss Congeniality. I simply instructed the OP to contact Len, as he is the only person I know of that has paperwork ready to fax out to any vendor who will not ship high cap mags to South Bend. This seemed to be the most expeditious way to achieve his ends.

We now return to your normal Bash Len programming...

I dont live in south bend. The other end of the state actually, but good info to have should I ever move there. Which is about as likely as monkeys flying out of my butt.

Thanks for looking out for our neighbors to the north though.

Top Bottom