• ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    does anyone think that they are really going to be able to take away that right from us to carry?

Not yet. Perhaps in 50 years from now. When the current generations have been 100% brainwashed. Besides it's too much of a legal battle right now to try it state by state. Plus some states have re-written their constitutions to have a right to be armed. So again the legal hill is to great. Granted some on the RIGHT will continue this battle as it is a needed battle that they must continue to wage for

a) the hard core fanatical RIGHT wing donor that will demand it
    b) to continue to keep the issue in the main stream media
    c) as a deversion because

while we fight this they can go around via the back door and do the following:

- Raise taxes on ammo just like they have raised taxes on tobacco and how Indiana is now going to raise taxes on liquor.

- Add more "laws" to hinder where you can and can not carry

- Add more "laws" that restricte certain sub-sections of guns (1st was no full auto weapons and now the public is okay with that, next was a test run of "assault weapons" and it wents so-so, next will be say black rifles that have detachable mags. if they public is okay with that (after all a deer hunting rifle is a bolt action right) then they continue to chip away.

- Use new laws like ammo serialization

etc..
    The point is an outright ban on weapons is not the way to win. It gets challenged and they lose that way. It is better to kill 2A slowly a few paper cut at a time and allow the public to continue to see nothing wrong.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    The point is an outright ban on weapons is not the way to win. It gets challenged and they lose that way. It is better to kill 2A slowly a few paper cut at a time and allow the public to continue to see nothing wrong.
    Good point. That is exactly how it will go down. More legislation in the name of safety. Longer waiting periods, maximum magazine caps, max amount you can carry, more places you can't carry, required skills testing controlled by government, semi-annual phsychological evaluations (which you will have to pay for), more disqualifying factors such as history of alcohol abuse, medications taken for depression or any other narcotic that could make you an "unsuitable person" (pain killers for medical condition). Until one day no one can own a gun because no one is suitable. Nor can they pass the government regulated proficiency tests that determine them capable.

Do I really think it will get this far? No I don't. I like to believe that we the people will be able to prevent this by electing the right people to office. By writing letters to those in power. Protesting etc...

Then again...........?

hookedonjeep

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    With the other Sheepdogs
    "They" will try at some point - probably just like they did during Katrina. There will come a time when there is some sort of disaster...... When folks needed their guns more than ever, they sent the National Guard out door to door to confiscate weapons - and folks were given a choice..... give up your guns, or be arrested, because someone ELSE said that you should. Well, I can only say this..... You can have my guns when you pry them from my cold, dead fingers. :twocents:

jimbolucky13

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    permits have always been foreign to me. I don't understand why you have to have one to transport? I hardly ever carry, but I do transport quite a bit due to the fact I have to in order to shoot.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, just because they take away the paper then what?

I've owned, carried, transported for around 12-15 yrs and no problems.

not to be rebelious, or just a common D!*K I'm just too lazy and don't want to spend the money:dunno:

model67a

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    jasper
    The anti's

The anti's have really taken a giant step back by electing Obama. The overwhelming increase in permit applications , gun sales , and ammo sales really has to discourage enough of them that their ranks are going to shrink. Also the new buyers who are parents are going to help us bring the joy of using firearms back to the young people. I don't mean the gangbangers I mean to hunting and plinking like most of us were brought up with. So I believe pro gun has taken a 90 degree turn upward. Be sure to watch 20/20 Friday night. Dianne Sawyer is going to have a story on about guns. It seems as if the media is even mellowing out some on their bashing of guns. It will be interesting to see what is said, as ABC is one of the most anti-gun. stay safe

bigg cheese

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    I like to think of myself as a law-abiding citizen.... IF an amendment is introduced to be ratified by the states as put forth in the foremost law of the land, I will comply.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    They may revoke carry permits/carry licenses/whatever any state calls them. That doesn't mean our right to carry will be gone, just that the state no longer recognizes it.

T J

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Castleton
    I like to think of myself as a law-abiding citizen.... IF an amendment is introduced to be ratified by the states as put forth in the foremost law of the land, I will comply.

And if you were non-white, living 50+ years ago, you'd have your rights trampled on...

Just because a majority holds power, they are not allowed to retard the rights of the minority.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    does anyone think that they are really going to be able to take away that right from us to carry?

It is easy to get concerned about carry and bans and so forth, especially after some bad incidents. But keep this in mind, we are actually gaining ground. And as for carry, just look at the victories we have won:

rtc.gif

Add Heller to that list too!

And a lack of Congressional will out of Dems!

And, and, and...

Look, be concerned, but more importantly have a good focus and see both the good and the bad.

Top Bottom