• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lupin3rd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2012
    Indianapolis
    For safety reasons, it's a reasonable demand that the range make known its rules to all patrons. When I go to a new range, I keep my head on a swivel and keep an eye out for signs with the rules on them. If at any point I am told or I see a sign that says something along the lines of "Pick up your own brass only" I adhere to the rule as well as I can (but I don't get heartbroken if I accidentally pick up a few too many). If I don't see an equivalent rule posted, nor am I informed of the rule, you better believe that I'm going to pick up as many casings as I can.

Each pistol casing is worth about 3 cents a piece to me, almost a nickel. If you saw people just dropping nickels on the ground everywhere, and it wasn't a fountain or there were no posted rules against picking them up, almost anyone would be scrambling around to collect them.

Shroom

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2009
    Middletown, IN
    For safety reasons, it's a reasonable demand that the range make known its rules to all patrons. When I go to a new range, I keep my head on a swivel and keep an eye out for signs with the rules on them. If at any point I am told or I see a sign that says something along the lines of "Pick up your own brass only" I adhere to the rule as well as I can (but I don't get heartbroken if I accidentally pick up a few too many). If I don't see an equivalent rule posted, nor am I informed of the rule, you better believe that I'm going to pick up as many casings as I can.

Each pistol casing is worth about 3 cents a piece to me, almost a nickel. If you saw people just dropping nickels on the ground everywhere, and it wasn't a fountain or there were no posted rules against picking them up, almost anyone would be scrambling around to collect them.

You are right sir. :yesway:

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    I wish

The USMC teaches you to leave the range cleaner than you found it. It's what I practice and preach.

I wish there were more Marines shooting at Crosley! We were there last week and you couldn't move around the benches for all the junk cases laying around. I understand why they were left there but somebody needs a lesson in picking up after themselves. :noway:

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    I generally shoot at Atterbury, and they have the "You can only take your own brass" rule. I try to leave the range cleaner than when I found it. I try to only take what I shot, if I get some that were not mine, no big deal, but I try to respect their rules. If someone next to me volunteers to donate their brass to me, bonus.

davedolli

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    106   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Clinton IN
    Every time I go to Crosley, I see the same guy there picking up all the brass he can find. There is another person that grabs all the shot gun hulls, and twice I have seen people digging lead out of the dirt. Anything left there won't be there long!

Dave

Top Bottom