• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I don't think the record gun sales are primarily due to "gun people" buying a few more in anticipation of a ban. I'm sure it contributes some, but there a lot of people who are buying their first carry gun or bedroom gun, or even first AR because they see the crime in the news and have realized that they need to protect themselves.

I personally know a dozen or so people who have purchased their first defensive firearms in the last 18-24 months. Some of them had an old .22 or even a shotgun for deer, but didn't shoot 100 rounds a year. Now they practice/train once a month. Those people talk to their circle of friends and family and cycle continues

Unless crime drops, or at least the reporting dies down, I see sales staying steady until we reach a saturation point in the population.

I think we may be close to the saturation point for AR sales.
    They've been selling like hot-cakes since the end of the assault weapons ban.
    Most everyone that wanted one now has two.

I'm looking forward to the Black Friday sales this year.
    I'm hoping to pick up quite a few parts on the cheap, as well as more ammo and components.

medcoxo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Indy, Westside
    Supreme Court (judicial Branch) does not pass any laws, they simply judge the constitutionality of the ones that Congress (legislative branch) passes. They do preside over cases that involve the constitution, but they cannot change it. President (executive branch), can only recommend laws to congress. President does not even have the veto power he used to have. So congress has and will always have the most power. In regards to repealing the 2nd, it would take an act of congress, and that is not going to happen.

j4jenk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 27, 2012
    Madison County
    Supreme Court (judicial Branch) does not pass any laws, they simply judge the constitutionality of the ones that Congress (legislative branch) passes. They do preside over cases that involve the constitution, but they cannot change it. President (executive branch), can only recommend laws to congress. President does not even have the veto power he used to have. So congress has and will always have the most power. In regards to repealing the 2nd, it would take an act of congress, and that is not going to happen.

You don't have to repeal 2A if you can reverse Heller. 5/4 is way too close.....

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort

You are correct in most of what you say, however a liberal Supreme Court can (and liberal Judges did) interpret the constitution in ways that could take away the meaning of the 2nd amendment. For instance they can decide the meaning of militia only covers the National Guard. They can also decide that "common citizens" need only certain firearms like single shot rifles etc. If you look at the decisions regarding the federal government usurping the states rights by invoking the "interstate commerce" clause you will see where I am coming from.

Top Bottom