lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    [/b][/color]

I did just that^

I used to like this place a LOT more than I do now, and my participation, or lack thereof, demonstrates this point.

I liked this place enough in my beginning here to give away a few free firearms. Not so much anymore.

Then why did you come back? Something about the site brought you back to post :dunno:

It's like it's been said before. No matter how many people ***** and moan about the rules/and or the site, EVERYONE always comes back.
    I find that funny :laugh:

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Then why did you come back? Something about the site brought you back to post :dunno:

It's like it's been said before. No matter how many people ***** and moan about the rules/and or the site, EVERYONE always comes back.

They may come back but they dont participate as much. Doesnt matter what anyone says about INGO, it is nothing without its members.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Doesnt matter what anyone says about INGO, it is nothing without its members.

This is very true. Although INGO is often times personified, we must remember that INGO is simply 10,000 individual people all trying to get along.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    I guess it all depends on what your definition of "is" is. :n00b:

Try whatever it is you're thinking and we'll see how it goes.

n263768022774_1216.jpg

:nailbite:

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    They may come back but they dont participate as much. Doesnt matter what anyone says about INGO, it is nothing without its members.

This is very true. Although INGO is often times personified, we must remember that INGO is simply 10,000 individual people all trying to get along.

This is all true. But there is only 1 member I would love to see get the boot. I can't remember his name, but he loves midgets, and he's fascinated, and has a huge fetis, for Joe Williams. :dunno:

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette

You know what they say,

"Simple things amuse simple minds."

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    It sucks that GB went south and closed the GB section. I'm sure there are other sites that you folks can arrange more of these on.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    It really looks silly to keep throwing that 10000+ number out there. There are NOT that many regularly active members.

Lets say every member pays the yearly fee of what, $10/$11?

Thats over $100K a year in site supporter fees. (I know they don't, but hypothetically speaking)

Even if only HALF paid their dues, that is still a lucrative annual salary.

As someone who knows a little about how this software works, and hosting, and the other crap that goes with it, I know for a FACT that it doesn't cost that much to run this site. Not to mention the paid advertiser fees that are displayed.

Unlimited bandwidth and server side real estate is about $425/5 years pre-paid...that's todays price. May be cheaper if you paid several years ago.

I'll just stop there, and say you can get the maximum features from GoDaddy for around $1000K for 5 years. Everything you need.

That would be half-a-million dollars + revenue just in site supporter fees only in 5 years. If I am ANYWHERE near close to being a LITTLE bit accurate, whoever is in charge is making a nice extra paycheck from INGO. So much, that he SHOULD be able to pay a half-a-dozen or so people to moderate the forums...even if it is like a part-time salary.

Now, I know in reality there are not that many site supporters, but in theory, this site has the potential to make someone a millionaire in 10 years time.

I can see why you would armor plate it. But, at the rate it seems to be going, that kind of revenue is hard to maintain.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    It really looks silly to keep throwing that 10000+ number out there. There are NOT that many regularly active members.

That number is based on registered users, not active. There are roughly 1,500-2k active users.

Now, I know in reality there are not that many site supporters, but in theory, this site has the potential to make someone a millionaire in 10 years time.

I'm renegotiating my contract!

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Holy freaking cow!!!!!! 10 hours of constant complaining and griping. Seriously, of all of the complaining and griping, how many of you have actually offered any kind of suggestions or real input. All you are doing is complaining about how terrible we are. How much this site sucks. How better off the members would be going somewhere else where they can do whatever they want, whenever they want, and to whomever they want.

When you can come up with suggestions, then post them. Otherwise, quit complaining.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Holy freaking cow!!!!!! 10 hours of constant complaining and griping. Seriously, of all of the complaining and griping, how many of you have actually offered any kind of suggestions or real input. All you are doing is complaining about how terrible we are. How much this site sucks. How better off the members would be going somewhere else where they can do whatever they want, whenever they want, and to whomever they want.

When you can come up with suggestions, then post them. Otherwise, quit complaining.

uh as posted earlier (by a mod) this was a decision made by Fenway with input from the mods. THis had nothing to do with the members of the site.

When input is asked from the members then we wouldnt have anything to complain about once the decision had been made.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    And of that 10 hours I have spent 4 of it at the range and watched 1 highschool football game.:D

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    uh as posted earlier (by a mod) this was a decision made by Fenway with input from the mods. THis had nothing to do with the members of the site.

When input is asked from the members then we wouldnt have anything to complain about once the decision had been made.

Then by your admittance, the decision has already been made. So there is nothing to complain about since the decision has been made.

Now, my comment is this. If you have suggestions, offer them up. It is this constant complaining and criticizing that will get you absolutely positively nowhere.

Half of you probably don't even remember what the original topic was. You just like to complain.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US

Yes you would. It would sound a lot like "you solicited input, and then went ahead and did what you wanted anyway". I guaran-dam-tee it. :rolleyes:

Using the collective "you" there, not necessarily "you" as in "Monkey".

Bottom line for INGO Mods:
    3939578829_b77f994597.jpg

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    What it boils down to here MODS is that I don't see ONE supporter for closing the GB thread. NOT ONE.

Explain that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tre0762
    Top Bottom