No LTCH, but can I carry at the outdoor range?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    Mainly some Good 'Ol Boys messing around with targets that weren't supposed to be used there, not having the basic safety protocol (i.e. - Four Rules) in practice, and wasn't always able to get a buddy to join me out there (watch my back & incase someone got injured) as easily as my current club's indoor & outdoor ranges. Something happens out there, you're on your own in a serious way... Rescue 20 has to go the long way around to get to that range, since the bridge is a no-go, let alone that hill... Could be paranoia, or my training as an EMR / First Responder, or me being observant of my surroundings for safety's sake, because I had some fun times there, but now that I've found a club or two that has a better environment, I won't go back...

Ah, what kind of targets? I bring my own targets, because otherwise you're just shooting at broken wood and cardboard left from before. I assume you're referring to metal targets? I just bring boxes for paper targets, and take them back out when I'm done.

Yeah, AT&T also gets no cell-service out there. God forbid there was an emergency and I had to call for help, I'd be running all over the place looking for a signal.

I read these threads about DNR ranges and their rules and I continue to wonder why guys put up with them.

As for me, I will never come onto state owned property and jurisdiction to discharge a firearm.

There are so many private ranges that just require membership dues. The range then becomes YOUR private property because you are one of the owners. All these rules that the state boys have, don't apply anymore.

I will stop now. I just don't understand why guys submit to the state just to go shooting.

I don't know of any private ranges near me, so having this free place to go shoot seems pretty nice.

I was at the 200 yard range, and walked down to check my target, and got "hit" in the back with "something", when I got home, I found out that my skin had been "broken", and bled a little..... I can only guess, that I was hit by a ricochet, or something.....

Yikes! I wonder how that happened. I've only shot on the short range (the first one, it's like 40ft) but it does seem that all the ranges are bunkered in properly and it seems like it'd be hard for something to ricochet from one range to another.

Maybe now you can start a successful rap career, having been 'shot' and survived.
    :D

Top Bottom