• ...and so much more!
  • SAMSON

Marksman
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Indy, Southside
    If you live in Johnson County you can apply or go in to sheriffs office. They are also able to take application 24hrs. a day. Makes it so simple there's no reason not to apply! There are people there to do the whole deal including fingerprints. If there is nothing else going on you're in and out in about fifteen minutes.

insanemonkey

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Lake County
    If you live in Johnson County you can apply or go in to sheriffs office. They are also able to take application 24hrs. a day. Makes it so simple there's no reason not to apply! There are people there to do the whole deal including fingerprints. If there is nothing else going on you're in and out in about fifteen minutes.

That is really nice. I had to take time off of work to sign the application at the Sheriffs Dept. It was so simple I have no idea why they have such limited hours in lake county. Other then trying to make it harder for people to get it. There really should be a standard for allowing people to do the apps.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    When I moved to IN, my wife and I went straight from the BMV to the police dept. Lady handling the carry app looked at the DLs and made a comment with a raised eyebrow about the DLs being issued that very day. I just said, yup, just moved into the state and trying to take care of all the bureaucracy in a single day of vacation. She went on completing the app....

-rvb

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    The officer to whom the application is made shall ascertain the applicant's name, full address, length of residence in the community, whether the applicant's residence is located within the limits of any city or town, the applicant's occupation, place of business or employment, criminal record, if any, and convictions (minor traffic offenses excepted), age, race, sex, nationality, date of birth, citizenship, height, weight, build, color of hair, color of eyes, scars and marks, whether the applicant has previously held an Indiana license to carry a handgun and, if so, the serial number of the license and year issued, whether the applicant's license has ever been suspended or revoked, and if so, the year and reason for the suspension or revocation, and the applicant's reason for desiring a license.

I guess he was satisfied that he had "ascertained" all the required information. The law doesn't stipulate how that is to be done.

Top Bottom