• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Remote start is key in ice so you leave it on max heat and defrost. No banging on doors to get them open.

Remove the doors!

No doors, no windshield, no problem.

jeep-no-seats-no-rollcage-600x337.jpg

You will save on gaz too!

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Remote start is a life saver since the wife's car and my boat get the garage. Wife keeps saying to move by boat out and I laugh!

I have a company provided vehicle (2013 Dodge Journey) I had to spend $500 of my own money to get the factory remote start. It will turn the front and rear defrost on high when the remote start is activated. It will not operate if one of the doors is not fully closed or the low fuel light is on. Low fuel light is to keep it from running out of gas and ajar door keeps the car doors from locking which is a safety issue. It will run for 15 minutes before shutting off if you haven't pressed the start button.

I have had the car for two years now and the $500 spent was money well spent.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Old blankets on my truck and her suv. Bags on my mirrors on the bus. M5 and her other car are covered.

My truck also has remote start.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I park my Jeep outside so when it's iced over, I go out and start it. I like to make sure there's no strange noises and oil pressure is up.

With a remote starter, you wouldn't know if something was wrong until it's possibly too late.:twocents:

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Just put a crock-pot filled with bacon inside the car. The heat will slowly escape the lid and you can eat bacon on the way to work.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    I also park in the garage but those few times I did have to park outside at work I used a couple large pieces of cardboard, simply remove cardboard and all is well.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    Remote start - best aftermarket purchase ever. Bought it 10 yrs ago when the truck was only 2 and has worked perfectly. I can use it at work as well, so I'm not ending my day by scraping off the truck before entering the I-70 Grand Prix in the evening.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I do something most unINGO like, I just park my vehicles in the garage, AND the garage is heated.

Hey, me too. I thought garages were meant to park cars in.:dunno:

I have a large 2 car garage. Never gets below 45 degrees, unless a kid neglects to shut the garage door.:xmad:

Wife's car, my car, and the tractor w/snow blower stay inside. Since the wife and me leave for work before the kids leave for school, each of us moves one kid's car into the garage when we leave for work, giving them a little time to thaw out. Parents of the year, I know.;)

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    I do something most unINGO like, I just park my vehicles in the garage, AND the garage is heated.

Same here. Got our "last" house this November (last as in I am not moving again until I die). 3 car attached garage and oversized 2 car detached insulated with its own heat and AC. After we moved in, I worked hard to get everything cleared out and in proper storage last month. Moved things to the attic, basement, goodwill and curb to get our vehicles in under roof. My truck can live in the detached shop where my casting and reloading will take place, my daily driver, wife's car and daughters car all get the attached. It is so nice in the morning now... makes going to work just that much nicer (and I enjoy my job).

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom