• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I park my car outside due to strange driveway configuration. With the ice coming down, I need it to be ready to go in the morning.

i poured 10# of ice-melt salt on my car, concentrating on the metal panels that felt the coldest to me. Fortune favors the prepared :rockwoot:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Move north. No ice on my truck tomorrow, but a few inches of snow.

Funny thing- I lived in a house with a 1 stall garage for 15 years- wife's car got the inside slot. So this fall, I bought a house with a rather large 2 stall garage...wife's car is on the right....my truck s outside. Now my tractor get's it's own full sized stall.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    We have a three-car garage. Her car takes the double bay with some junk filling the gaps. The single bay has other junk. It's a side entry and I'd have to stick the minivan in. If I were organized I could probably make it work.

Cynical

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 21, 2013
    peru
    Bird poop is rough on paint. So is taking cold metal and heating it instantly. Don't want to warp anything.[/QUOTEGood thinking, I was gonna suggest building a fire underneath the car but that could be a problem with causing things to warp. I'm not a long range thinker though. You would think global warming would solved all of these problems by now.

Meena

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Central IN
    Remote start is a life saver since the wife's car and my boat get the garage. Wife keeps saying to move by boat out and I laugh!

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Remote start- fine idea....but my truck is parked 50 feet from the house....which I do not find excessive, so on exceedingly cold days, single digits, and snowy days, I just walk out, start it, and then come in for breakfast.

....but I am a confirmed fan of cold weather and snow. I LOVE it!!!

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Hair blow-dryer on an extension cord. turn it on high and hang it on rear view mirror pointed DOWN (not at the windscreen).

Redd Green would probable recommend copious amounts of duct tape, also.

Informed Decision

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Evansville
    Suggestion for next time... Might check with a local uniform company about maybe purchasing a couple of their old floor mats. Put them over the windows before the ice hits & then in the morning just pull them off & you have a clear window. Give them a shake to break off the ice & roll them up & reuse when you get to you're next location if bad weather is expected to continue .

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom