• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ajanes10

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2012
    So recently Ive had a problem with people posting "NO HUNTING" signs on my property. I know I'm well within the law hunting there. Ive tried putting cameras out to catch them, putting signs where their signs are that say to call me, and Ive talked with locals to try and find out who it is. I really dont want to start anything un-needed but I dont want people tramping all over my woods. ANy suggestions

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    cameras to get a license plate number.. If ya don't know who they are thats your best bet, un-less you want to camp out there.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    So recently Ive had a problem with people posting "NO HUNTING" signs on my property. I know I'm well within the law hunting there. Ive tried putting cameras out to catch them, putting signs where their signs are that say to call me, and Ive talked with locals to try and find out who it is. I really dont want to start anything un-needed but I dont want people tramping all over my woods. ANy suggestions

WTH??

I have no suggestions. I don't even have any words...

ZS84

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Columbus
    Just curious, where are you located. Are these signs near the property line? If they are someone may not know where the actual property line is. Either way it is not cool.

Never mind I see someone already got to it before I did.

ajanes10

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2012
    I'm near McCordsville with this one. And there is a housing addition on one side of my property but the signs are on the other side of the property. There is a cornfield where the signs are. And I cannot get a license plate number because I believe its someone in the addition. I talked to the additions association but they said they couldn't do anything.

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    I'd say don't sweat it. You own the property so you can do whatever the heck you want as long as your not breaking the law. Probably is some anti douchebag from the HOA or something that doesn't want to hear any guns going off.

ZS84

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Columbus
    I'm near McCordsville with this one. And there is a housing addition on one side of my property but the signs are on the other side of the property. There is a cornfield where the signs are. And I cannot get a license plate number because I believe its someone in the addition. I talked to the additions association but they said they couldn't do anything.

I would post alot of not trespassing signs on the side of the housing assition. Maybe some "trespassers will be shot and survivors will be shot again" signs:draw:

nicajack

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    Miami County
    I've seen people do this to try to keep people out of the woods they are hunting, sometimes without permission. Also to try to keep people out of a woods they mushroom hunt in, even though they are not the owners....

ajanes10

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2012
    Well I don't want to make anyone mad because since I don't live on the property I don't want them doing something to scare away deer. Signs are the best bet it sounds like.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I'd say that first thing, I'd be darned sure that I knew where the property lines were for myself... That might involve having a line survey done.

Be 100% sure that you know where the property line is first!

Second, I'd post no trespassing signage on my side of the line facing towards the other side of the line.

gundoggermax

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    Just curious but how are you able to hunt land that has a housing addition on one side? Is it not within city limits?

Kaiser

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    lafayette area
    People do strange things. I had two guys walk up on me in my woods and tell me I was on private property and needed to leave. Needless to say the conversation got interesting. I will give them points for bravery or maybe stupidity. Walking up on a armed individual.

Your property tear them down if you want. I would leave them might helps keep others out also. I have found at east in Tipp Co the DNR is far more help than the Sheriffs Dept. When it comes to situations like this durring hunting season.

ps one thing I have decided to do is plant a row of evergreens down the property line as a screen.

duff

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 19, 2011
    I'd say the heck with em. Leave them up and if someone gives you grief while hunting have them arrested for tresspassing.

Top Bottom