• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Schneppee

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    So they are continuing to pursue gun control....

An acquaintance of my wife has a number of kids. Two in particular are causing so much dispruption in the home. Both are boys and they are under the age of 13. If I have the story correct the one boy is 11 the other is 8.

The youngman who is 11 has had numerous episodes where this mother has had to disarm the boy of a table knife theartening to harm himself and others. The husband and wife take the kid to the hospital, but by the time they reach the hospital he has calmed down and the hospital discharges the kid stating there is nothing they can do for him. They kept him once and stated he has a chemical imbalance. Ya think?

They have tried every medical avenue they can think of but there is no help. They were told "there is nothing they can do until he hurts himself or someone else" Really?! The threat is there and the kid is not right.

These are the cliff notes and there have been so many episodes around the house these parents are about to lose their minds. Kid wakes up at all hours of the night. You take it from there.............

Seque to Sandy Hook. The mother is preparing to commit the kid, the kid finds out and ..........

Instead of spending all this money on gun control give it to the medical people who are in desperate straights. Nah, makes too much sense/

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    You assumption is that these gun control people are trying to help people. And although the masses may have deluded themselves into believing gun control will help, the leaders know better.

The gun control leaders don't really want to help people. They want the ability to dominate and control. And if no one can fight back when they go far over their authority...what is there to ever stop them? The world is theirs to control, dominate, and make subjects of their rule.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    The need to whoop their asses. If you don't spank your child, they will learn that they can walk all over their parents.

If I ever pulled a knife on my mom or dad, or anyone I can guarantee you I wouldn't walk right for a week!

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    The need to whoop their asses. If you don't spank your child, they will learn that they can walk all over their parents.

If I ever pulled a knife on my mom or dad, or anyone I can guarantee you I wouldn't walk right for a week!

I can not even imagine pulling a knife on my parents back then... I don't think any kid back then would have... but that was back before we became so enlightened...

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

That was my first thought as well. Of course today that will get the parent in trouble. That would be abuse. :n00b:

My kids were spanked as toddlers still in diapers. It hurt nothing but their pride, but the memory stayed with them. All it took as they got older was the threat.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    That was my first thought as well. Of course today that will get the parent in trouble. That would be abuse. :n00b:

My kids were spanked as toddlers still in diapers. It hurt nothing but their pride, but the memory stayed with them. All it took as they got older was the threat.

Nah, CPS knows the difference between a spanking and beating/abusing. If you are hitting your kid hard enough to leave bruises, then you are no longer disciplining.

I also don't spank kids with a paddle or anything (like we used to get....switch anyone???), just the bare hand.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

My father would have reduced me to nuclear waste material, swept me up, threw me away and went back to work.
    Not saying this is the real issue as it appears there are deeper problems with this child.

I have a long time friend with a daughter that will show her A$$ like this when she does not get her way. He is powerless to intervene as the authority's have already removed him from the house during one of her episodes. He has sought out every form of counselling and medical treatments to no avail. The last psych Dr. said she is just a royal Biatch and nothing he can do. She has ran away and not seen unless she is in trouble. Now over 18 they have put a restraining order on her. Dr. Spock has been a total success.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Agreed. THIS is what happens when the anti-gun whackos say it's the 'guns' instead of correctly stating it's the mental health system.

I don't blame, completely, the young lad for his actions. I DO, however, harshly blame the mental health system that told his parents "There's nothing we can do until he hurts himself or someone else".

Oh, you mean like Adam Lanza?

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    Why are there so many mental illness here? Is it the livelihood? Genes? Poor upbringing? Poor social skill or coping mechanism? Is it the culture?

TEK

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    st joe county
    there is a growing awareness that the current standards for involuntary committment are inadequate because they set the bar too high. "imminennt threat to oneself or others" does not give families the help they need to provide adequate medical care to sick yet non-consenting family members.

NAMI | Involuntary Commitment And Court-Ordered Treatment

instead of gun control a better mental health care delivery system would be worthwhile.

......ooops, wasnt Obamacare supposed to fix all that....?

Schneppee

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    People, the point I was trying to make is that they should be focusing on the mentally ill people instead of the assault (give me a break) guns.

For whatever reason we are hearing about these type of unfortunate souls, one thing remaines constant, it is the mentally impared and evil folks that do the damage.

Until they fix the root cause they can remove all the guns they want but the problem will still exsist. Bats, crow bars etc.. Hell I can go into the city right now and come back home with 10 illegal guns in one afternoon. Do you think prison scares these fella's. It is a badge of honor for these guys. They dont give a sh*+! They think they will live longer in prison than out on the streets! We cant stop the illegal immigrants! They think they can stop the guns. I call BS.

We need to open up the metal institutions again to house these mentally ill and habitual criminal type folks. They are out on the street begging for $ around here, sleeping on man hole covers, bathing in the steam and attacking people. In the mean time the elitist are telling the uninformed/dumb asses it is the guns that cause the problems. Really?!

The evil guys........, just shoot'em damn it!

Common sense is not that common anymore.

Whowa, enough of the Monday moaning rant!

Oh, I did find 9mm rounds today!
    icon10.gif

cbseniour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    South East Marion County
    At one time the US cared for the mentally ill and incompetent in group home and hospital facilities. These came under a great deal of criticism as society became more concerned with what is just and humane, of course the cost of caring for these folks was a burden on the government.
    So states just closed the mental hospitals and dumped them onto the street where they will be treated like everyone else or not at all.
    I'm not saying Mental hospitals, insane asylums and the like were a good thing but is what we do today any less cruel or more human? Does it help more people?

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Unfortunately we need to bring back the mental health facilites. They keep trying to medicate these problems away, and that just can't be done sometimes.

Top Bottom