• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    Does it just read "no weapons"? Well that could be anything. A cane, oxygen tank, keys, pocket knife, mace, steel toe boots and the list goes on.

Someone should go in there without pants on. When inquired as to why they are not wearing pants they should say, "Well I am trained to use my belt as a weapon. Do to your sign I had to leave my belt in the car. Without my belt my pants will not stay up. If I took my belt off and left my pants on they could fall down causing me to trip in your establishment. If this were to happen I would be forced to file a lawsuit against your establishment since I was required to remove my belt. I just figured it would save us both a lot of hassle if I just left my pants, with my belt, in the car."

Last edited:

Frankingun

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Another good reason to have left Chicago proper a long time ago.

I'll keep this in mind if I go shopping up there when I go to visit my folks.

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station
    Does it just read "no weapons"? Well that could be anything. A cane, oxygen tank, keys, pocket knife, mace, steel toe boots and the list goes on.

Someone should go in there without pants on. When inquired as to why they are not wearing pants thay should say, "Well I am trained to use my belt as a weapon. Do to your sign I had to leave my belt in the car. Without my belt my pants will not stay up. If I took my belt off and left my pants on they could fall down causing my to trip in your establishment. If this were to happen I would be forced to file a lawsuit against your establishment since I was required to remove my belt. I just figured it would save us both a lot of hassle if I just left my pants, with my belt, in the car."

Apparently you haven visited Merrillville much. Many people in that area also feel that belts are too much of a weapon to carry with them at all times, so they leave it at home as well. That type of problem is commonplace in this area.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    The certificate say tae kwon do, but it's actually tkd, karate, hapkido and kobudo (weapons):rockwoot:. Maybe I'll go in with my cane:rolleyes:

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    After dining at the Portillo's in Merrillville this afternoon I noticed a sign (a piece of printer paper taped to the front entrance) that said no wepons were allowed on the premisis regardless of permit. Violators are subject to trespass.... blah blah. I didn't have time to read the whole sign.

Just a heads up to all you Hossiers who are packin' that have a urge to be snackin' that you're no longer welcome at Portillo's.

Portillos won't get any of my business. I'm going to drop by and tell them why.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    I am certifiably addicted to Portillos. The dogs and the big beefs. This might cause me to convert entirely to Pop's. I've had less than pleasant experiences the last three visits to Portillos in Mville but I still go to the one in Crestwood quite a bit. In Indiana though I've been going to Pops cause the service at Mville Portillos is terrible.

Maybe if I'm feeling bold I'll go find out what that's all about over there, if there was an incident or whatnot. It's a chicago based restaurant chain, I think Mville is their only Indiana store. I have a feeling it's probably the district management or someone that isn't from the area that has grown up in King Daley's backyard and feels threatened by armed citizens.

I think I've gone there only once without a gun IWB. That was because it was in my pocket.

edit: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...uns_allowed_at_portillos_in_merrillville.html

Last edited:

Glock21

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    IL
    I used to (notice, used to) eat there every now and then.

I think I'll write them a letter and ask if they'd consider putting up a "no political talk" sign, or "No Catholics allowed" sign, since they seem willing to deny Constitutional rights to their patrons.

jerico616

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    My thought is that my money is green no matter what else I'm carrying. They don't want to respect my American right to carry? Fine, I will simply take my rights and money elsewhere!

hookedonjeep

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    With the other Sheepdogs

Someone should go in there without pants on. When inquired as to why they are not wearing pants they should say, "Well I am trained to use my belt as a weapon. Do to your sign I had to leave my belt in the car. Without my belt my pants will not stay up. If I took my belt off and left my pants on they could fall down causing me to trip in your establishment. If this were to happen I would be forced to file a lawsuit against your establishment since I was required to remove my belt. I just figured it would save us both a lot of hassle if I just left my pants, with my belt, in the car."

DO IT!!!!!!!!! I want to see pics of the Manager's face too! THAT would make a great mastercard commercial......:D

LCSOSgt11

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    LaPorte, IN
    I've never been there, apparently will not ever patronize their business.
    Again, we certainly will vote for the best restaurant with our wallets.

These folks think that putting a sign up announcing a "gun free zone" is just asking for a looney tune to go in there and commit mayhem on a grandiose scale.

Maybe someone should put a sign up there that states:

THESE DORKS HAVE NO ONE ON SITE TO PREVENT FELONIOUS CONDUCT, CRIMINALS, PLEASE COME HERE. IF YOU COME TO MY PLACE OF BUSINESS, I WILL CUT YOU DOWN LIKE RIPE SUGAR CANE.....

Ness2k

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    China ^_^
    I've written them a letter.

I almost bet that they wouldn't even notice if I OC'd in there. No one else seems to.

Too bad I won't be dining there anytime soon.

Top Bottom