• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hbarnett1

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2009
    :(Just started seeing a new Dr. at a St.Vincent medical clinic in southern Indiana,and what is the first thing I see on the door of the entrance?A no firearms allowed sign.Is this the case at all St.Vincent medical properties?Just wondering..........:dunno:

NavyVet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Marshall County
    My father spent a great deal of time at St. Vincents in Indy. Those signs are all over the place. I always considered them a recommendation (since they don't carry the weight of law).

Have CC'ed there numerous times. This is where "Don't ask, don't tell" would apply.

If you are the patient, your mileage may vary....

Miketodd

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Most hospitals (i've been working in healthcare for 9 years) have a no weapons policy. The main reason is safety of the patients. There have been cases of rival gangs going into hospitals to "finish" a job that wasn't done. I do conceal when I am comming in to see someone or not going on the clock, otherwise I keep one in my car. One source is Hospital goes into lockdown after gang attack | 9news.com-. This is where a hospital went on lockdown when a gang member was brought in. It has happened to an E.R. that i worked in down in Florida.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Most hospitals (i've been working in healthcare for 9 years) have a no weapons policy. The main reason is safety of the patients. There have been cases of rival gangs going into hospitals to "finish" a job that wasn't done. I do conceal when I am comming in to see someone or not going on the clock, otherwise I keep one in my car. One source is Hospital goes into lockdown after gang attack | 9news.com-. This is where a hospital went on lockdown when a gang member was brought in. It has happened to an E.R. that i worked in down in Florida.

Yeah and those stupid signs keep armed gang members outside of the hopsital because they're nice enough to follow the rules, right? :rolleyes:

Miketodd

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I know, I know. I am just telling you guys what the rationale is to the facility I work at. Now we do have armed guards, but I have seen nurses try to tell off duty LEOs that they can't carry in here because of our policy. I have since educated those nurses but I guess it helps the administration feel safe.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    It's tough to conceal when sitting on an exam table in your skivies. Fortunately, my doctor carries as well and it always leads to a good conversation regarding recent purchases or planned range trips.

donballz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    lol im sure that little sign stopped the gang cold. i was going to commit the most attrcious act that a man can do; banned in every moral code ever written, but there was a no gun sign so i was completely foilled.

terrythegamer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 12, 2011
    Winchester,IN
    My wife sees a local St Vincent ob and his door has the same sign i won't eat at restaurants that have the no firearms sign so my wife always ask is it ok if he delivers our daughter don't have much of a choice tho since half hour drive to other doctors

lobowind

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    West of Indy
    My father spent a great deal of time at St. Vincents in Indy. Those signs are all over the place. I always considered them a recommendation (since they don't carry the weight of law)...

Will somebody explain what type of signs definitely carry the weight of the law vs ones that don't? I'm a newbie, so I need all the help you guys can provide.

atalon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 6, 2012
    Indy
    I go to the VA Hospital in Fort Wayne. No firearms allowed anywhere on the property, even locked up in the trunk of the car.

It is now against the law for a company or government entity to make a policy that keeps you from keeping a gun locked up out of sight in your car in the parking lot. I read that while I was applying for my carry permit earlier this year.

Top Bottom