No alcohol or Diet coke for a month - can I do it?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    well it's day 18 and I really don't miss it. Oddly enough I do get more heartburn which I still can't figure out. My routine of having one in the morning immediately upon wakening is completely gone and I don't even think about it anymore.

I went through McD's today and that's a typical diet coke place and I got a lemonade. Really wanted the flavor of diet coke but I'm sticking to it. I'll probably go back to drinking them here and there but then it's a slippery slope thing again.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    You're a better man than me. I tried cutting back to a couple a day...just to moderate. But I fell of the wagon yesterday.

HenryWallace

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Away from me temptress!

CE04D046-8269-4DD7-854E-32E6528AD33B-6126-000003BA01542808.jpg

g.mccormick

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    New Whiteland
    It's not that bad after about the 1st week.

I've been on a diet that does not allow any caffeine or alcohol. The first week, I had headaches everyday. After that, all the cafeine is out of your body and you're good to go.

BTW.

I started a diet October 9th 2012. As of today, January 21 2013, I have lost 54.5 lbs.

Weight Oct 9th, 275lbs

Weight January 21, 224.5lbs.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    OK, today is February first, a full calendar month since I dropped Diet Coke. I figure I had 120 less of them than I would have otherwise. That is kindof sick if you think how big of a pyramid that would be. My poor kidneys had to filter all that crap out every month normally.

I had one this morning and was quite disappointed. It didn't taste like I remembered, didn't fill any particular need of mine, and I wish I hadn't drank it. Does that mean I'm cured??? :):

giovani

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    I quit soda after I got back from vacation jan 7th, not quite a month but I plan on not drinking any ever again.

Congrats on making your goal!!!

eSC

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    New Pal
    So I'm sitting at work having finished my fourth serving of diet coke for the day and it struck me that maybe I should try avoiding that for a month and see what happens. I'm guessing I'll lose weight even though it's diet since it's an appetite stimulant. As long as I'm stopping the diet coke I'll stop alcohol to and see what happens. The nightly beer/wine may not be worth the pounds that I could lose by not having it.

I'll update the thread as the month progresses. I haven't checked, but I sure hope the superbowl is in February this year :)

I dropped the diet coke habit several weeks ago. Switched to water and haven't looked back. I'll occasionally have one when I go out to dinner but that's about it.

As for losing weight? Two words for ya that doesn't require exercise, and I know most have heard these before:

Low carb.

When I want to lose about 5lbs a week I simply limit myself to no more than 40 carbs a day, no trans fat and sugars if I can help it.

Easy to do if you are a meat lover as most of it is nearly free food. Lots of eggs an cheese too. Pork rinds, beef jerky, string cheese and Atkins bars for snacks/deserts.

Lost 30 pounds the first month I did that (back in '04) Got back into bad eating habits and just started again 2.5 weeks ago. I am already 11 pounds lighter.

I switched to and still, once or twice a week, hit two or three Miller 64's and every so often, too many ;)

Again, no exercise. I remain heavily addicted to regular joe, if it matters :P

Last edited:

eSC

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    New Pal
    I'm quitting smoking again. I am also trying to give up soda.

I am cutting as much soda out as I can. I have been having a large fountain Mt. Dew and drinking it from sunup to sundown. I'm trying to cut down to 12oz with meals.

Then when I quit smoking for good, I'm going to only drink milk, juice, and water.

HFCS is the devil.

If you are a habitual quitter, as I was- YOU should try eCigs. Not the crap they sell on TV/Malls/Spam - the real ones like Joytech eGo's.

I haven't had a cancer stick for over a year and a half and still get to enjoy all I used to without the adverse physical effects of inhaling burning organic material.

Heaven.

Analogs now smell and taste (based on my early "testing") just like an old ashtray smells. Lick one and you'll find out what I mean early.

eSC

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    New Pal
    OK, today is February first, a full calendar month since I dropped Diet Coke. I figure I had 120 less of them than I would have otherwise. That is kindof sick if you think how big of a pyramid that would be. My poor kidneys had to filter all that crap out every month normally.

I had one this morning and was quite disappointed. It didn't taste like I remembered, didn't fill any particular need of mine, and I wish I hadn't drank it. Does that mean I'm cured??? :):
    Yes

:):

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom