• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Plague421

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Portage
    Well I ordered a set of Nitesiters about 5 days ago and they are here. I installed them on my 1911, and they seem to do the job, the glow is pretty bright and they seem to be sticking well.

The main reason I bought them was because I was tired of having the 3 black posts. Was very hard to aim in low light situations, and after using a Taurus PT-140 I really like the dot sights.

So far they get a :yesway: from me. We shall see how long they stay stuck. :popcorn:

So here are some pictures of them installed on my 1911.

PIC_0197.jpg
    PIC_0207.jpg

Plague421

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Portage
    To give you guys an update on these. They have not fallen off, that is the good news. However they only glow for an hour, that's at the maximum. When they do glow, they are bright, but they just don't keep it up. They slowly dim after about 5-10 min.

I would not recommend these for self defense. I think you will find yourself without glowing sights in that dark alley. :noway:

Plague421

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Portage
    What if you brought a tactical nitesiters recharge flashlight with you?

I used a couple different methods, the first was a LED pen light, which had 1 superbright LED. The other was a 500W work light. They both seemed to achieve the same amount of glow in the same amount of time. I don't have a UV light of any kind around so I was unable to test it, it may work better but I can't say for sure.

Well it seems that they hold a "bright" glow for only roughly an hour, and continue to get dimmer. When I first got them they lasted a few hours, but the time has shortened they stayed lit by far from the first day I installed them.

For the price, they really aren't that bad, but if you want something for true life on the line self defense, I would not recommend them.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom