• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    CAT has been out of the on-road engine market for a few years. The didn't want to meet emissions requirements and gave up. They are an off-road engine maker only now.
    I suspect that quote is more likely the case. Emissions requirements are arbitrary and fail to balance the added complexity, cost, and reduced output against the theorized gain to the environment.

GustavHalbach

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2010
    Have family in Columbus one of which works at Cummins. Current corporate policy seems to be to flood Columbus with Indians (from sub-continent) and Chinese...can you say Green Card x 1000's.

Alas, I guess there are no locals or Americans qualified to build today's Cummins engine. Driving through downtown, near where old mall was, is like driving the streets of Punjab. Hilarious.

joncon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 30, 2013
    Bartholomew County
    As a Cummins retiree I'm glad to see they are branching out from Dodge. I never cared for the looks of Dodge trucks. I might look into the Nissan when it's made available. I bought a new Jetta diesel in 2001, great engine, lousy car. Worst mpg I got was 37mpg,( 1rst tank) best was 57 ( trip to AL). Sold it in 08.

Top Bottom