• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    The only reason Tiger is on the news about this was because he seemed like the perfect sports figure. Well behaved and well mannered etc. But, just like you and me, he is human, and he makes mistakes. Give him a break.

Btw, I'm not some super Tiger fan yadda yadda yadda... I actually hate golf and do not care much about the players. I just see this all from the sideline, a guy had an affair on his wife. Yes, people do it all the time, why don't they make the news?

Sorry, I know this is just a joke, but why is this all over the news?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    The only reason Tiger is on the news about this was because he seemed like the perfect sports figure. Well behaved and well mannered etc. But, just like you and me, he is human, and he makes mistakes. Give him a break.

Btw, I'm not some super Tiger fan yadda yadda yadda... I actually hate golf and do not care much about the players. I just see this all from the sideline, a guy had an affair on his wife. Yes, people do it all the time, why don't they make the news?

Sorry, I know this is just a joke, but why is this all over the news?

First Tiger is a public figure (whether he likes it or not) in the sence that he is a sport's figure and in this country the "customer" (ie. media masses) love to hear about the highs and lows of public figures. As such his entrie life just like movie actors goes under the microscope. If he does not like it too bad that comes with the terriroty of the job he has.

Second he did not have just one affair but at last count 12! Thus beating out many other 'normal celebraity affairs'. Worse instead of just coming out himself and saying frm day 1

"Look I cheated on my wife with X ladies. I'm sorry to her and my family. We plan on getting counsling and to fix our marriage. We will need some time alone, etc.."

He tries to hide it. BIG MISTAKE! The media spells blood and they went after him and thus he is now in the mess he is in.

He should of looked at what the politican's do. Hold a press conference, say the truth and deal with a few days of post-news and then the news moves on, big Tiger figured the media would look the other way (since at one point they called him THE CHOOSEN ONE for golf & if TIGER did not like you your station did not getany interviews). Well all that has come back to bit him now.

The only ones I feel sorry for are the kids. There are real young and no kid should have to see this or read about it. :xmad:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    But neither MJ nor Shaq "created" a public image of family man, nice guy, etc.
    Also not sure if either of those 2 or others have had so many come out at once about is affairs. That I thin is the double sword TIGER is now facing.

Griffeycom

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    The fact that he's in the news so much recently is just free advertising. The fact that Nike is announcing that they're keeping him on, is even more free advertising. It's a win-win for them.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    First Tiger is a public figure Worse instead of just coming out himself and saying frm day 1

"Look I cheated on my wife with X ladies. I'm sorry to her and my family. We plan on getting counsling and to fix our marriage. We will need some time alone, etc.."

He tries to hide it. BIG MISTAKE! The media spells blood and they went after him and thus he is now in the mess he is in.

He should of looked at what the politican's do. Hold a press conference, say the truth and deal with a few days of post-news and then the news moves on, big Tiger figured the media would look the other way (since at one point they called him THE CHOOSEN ONE for golf & if TIGER did not like you your station did not getany interviews). Well all that has come back to bit him now.

The only ones I feel sorry for are the kids. There are real young and no kid should have to see this or read about it. :xmad:
    So because he is a famous athlete and public figure that gives up his right to a private life? Maybe him and his wife wanted to work things out in private. Making him a sports figure means he can't do this and that he has to come out in public? (BTW, I do agree that it would've been the best mode of action, but I won't stand there and judge him for not doing it).

Politicians are different, they're elected official so they have to answer to their constituents. Tiger doesn't have to answer to any of us.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    So because he is a famous athlete and public figure that gives up his right to a private life?
    Short answer is YES.

Here is how I see it. I was hired for my "tech and organizational" skill set where I work. Thus when at work I'm expected to use those skills to preform my job.

TIGER like JoLo, Lohan, Joe Montana, etc.. were hired for their skill set of "providing entertainment" TIGER does it by playing golf and giving us a "character" in his case of calm under pressure, family man, etc.. Lohan does it by being an actress that plays various roles on/off screen.

They use the media as a form of entertaining us but "cry" fowl when the media goes too far yet they are the ones that started it.

So TIGER is selling us entertainment by being what he is or showing us a set of "characteristics". Now he could have not gone that route (the family man) and could have instead gone the "playboy route" and sold himself as a golfer who is the ladies man and sell products that way. Either way I have no problem with him. He is there to "entertain us" and that is exactly what he is doing.

--edit--
    He is up to 15 girls now. Oh what fun..

spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    Apparently, the media was not aware that only the Pope and Obama are infallible. And even then, I am not sure about the Pope. (Sarcasm)

The guy cheated on his wife, and he is going to pay for it, big time. He was stupid to think that he could give up all the action that comes with being the world's wealthiest athlete. He should just get the divorce, and move on. An additional pre-nup would be foolish. He should just pay her $200 to $300 million now and start working on his golf game. He will eventually make the money back.

I think his biggest concern is likely that his transgressions would guarantee that a judge would award custody to his wife and she will likely skip town to Sweden. Women love to use the children against a cheating husband.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I think his biggest concern is likely that his transgressions would guarantee that a judge would award custody to his wife and she will likely skip town to Sweden. Women love to use the children against a cheating husband.

Well under the revised pre-num she only needs to be married to him for 7 years instead of 10 and since she already has done 5 she only needs 2 more to go before she skips on him anyway. Would you still want to live with her knowing she will club your butt @ home if you cheat again and cheat again you will. :laugh:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Granite Falls, NC
    I find it almost impossible to care about this. Its like the whole Anna Nicole Smith debacle...who cares. I want to see real news when I watch a news broadcast, if I wanted to hear about this crap I'd watch E!.

Sorry, I just find the media circus around this kind of annoying. He cheated on his wife, and she whacked him with a golf club. Awesome. Lets move on.

plumber43

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    hey come on guys and gals are we all going to start casting stones from our glass houses....famous or not i know id not like it if i was chased round and my dirty lawndry was aired to the public.. tigers not superman he s human a man just like you and me..i am not a big fan of golf or tiger but what he did is between him and his wife and of course the girlfriends.. not you or me...please let them work this out by themselves if theres to to be a divorce well it doesnt have a thing to do with you or me! if ya dont like it dont buy the things he permotes... like razors shoes gatoraide and such.... ya know 911 got 19 days on the front pages of news papers and tigers story has surpassed that geez what a joke... i wish these nasty lil reportes would do the same kind of digging around on the sentators that are selling our butts down the river for the bucks the insureance companies are payin them under the table... with 45 million ppl with out healthcare maybe they should be focusing their time on that... well i am done ranting on this for now,,,, good hunting

Top Bottom