• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    I'm in the market for a set of night sights for my Glock 19. I want to see what I'm shooting at and not cover it up with the rear sights. I was looking at these big dot XS Sights: XS Sight Systems - Sights

Does anybody have experience with these sights or can anyone recommend some?

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I've got XS Big dots on my G26, and regular Trijicon three dot night sights on my G19. I think I shoot better with the sight picture of the regular trijicon three dot type, but the XS sight has a set screw in the rear sight that the trijicon doesn't have and I think that'd add to the reliability. In either case, I think you'd be safe to trust your life to either.

I recently aquired a G17 and I'm probably going to be putting the trijicon's on it if that's any help.

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    i have warren tactical sight on mine. they are sweet. anything would be better than stock though.

th

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I'm in the market for a set of night sights for my Glock 19. I want to see what I'm shooting at and not cover it up with the rear sights. I was looking at these big dot XS Sights: XS Sight Systems - Sights

Does anybody have experience with these sights or can anyone recommend some?

I'm not sure that those are for you then. You cover the target with them. Three dots are typically a 6 o'clock hold.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    My only quarrel with Trijicon night sights is that they are the same as the stock factory sights in that you cover up your target. I had trijicon night sights on my G21 and had the same want to install different sights.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    As combat sights, most night sights are designed to be POI hold.

Check out Ameriglo I-Dot Pros. The front dot is plenty big enough for fast acquisition, ant the rear u notch is wide enough to still see what's going on.

405061406.jpg

ruftags

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    South Bend,IN
    I have a 23 Gen4 with Trijicon night sights. I really like them over the stock sites. I haven't had any experience with the sights you are asking about, but maybe you can go to a range and rent a gun that has them installed, to just see how you like them.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I can get some pretty good pricing on the Trijicon, Truglo, Meprolight and Ameriglo night sights. Shoot me a PM if you want a price quote!

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    As combat sights, most night sights are designed to be POI hold.

Check out Ameriglo I-Dot Pros. The front dot is plenty big enough for fast acquisition, ant the rear u notch is wide enough to still see what's going on.

405061406.jpg

Those look very nice. I looked on the Ameriglo website and didn't see the U shape rear sight though.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I have Trijicons on my 19 but Ameriglo's on my 26 and 17. I prefer the Ameriglo "Hack" style. When the glow stops on my 19 it will get Ameriglo's as well. I've had good luck with the Meprolights and such but I am a lot fonder of the front night sight/ rear U setup.

cmstuard

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    96   0   0
    Aug 21, 2011
    SW Indiana
    I really like the TFO tritium & fiber optic sights. Put them on all my glocks. They run about $90 depending on where you buy them.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    I've been happy with Meprolights on Glocks. Shoot to point of aim (no weird covering of target necessary).

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I've used Trijicon and Meprolight on all my Glocks and they've worked fine for me, but recently I purchased a set of TruGlo fiberoptic/tritium sights and I like them somewhat better because they appear to be brighter under all conditions than the Trijicons on my other pistol.

Top Bottom