• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GARANDGUY

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    SOUTHERN INDIANA
    We helped a guy out several (about 4-5) months ago with the same deal almost only his said he was a wanted individual. We have know this guy for years and dad has known him for 25-30 yrs and we know he has not had as much as a ticket much less been arrested. To make a long story short he just got his UPIN a few weeks ago and he had no problems buying a M&P the other day. Hope they get it resolved quick for ya!

Truckerman79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    McCordsville, IN
    Sorry for not updating sooner, but here is basically how it went down:

Basically what happened is that the court did not update their computer to show the protective order as expired, even though the case was dismissed. I called the court to have them update the system, and they did. NICS still wanted documentation that the order was disposed. I went to the court in person and got a printout showing that the case was dismissed and the protective order dropped. I faxed this info to NICS.

I think that was in October of 2010, and I didn't hear anything for months. In March, I got a letter saying that my appeal was denied, due to the fact that the protection order was still active at the time I tried making the purchase.

However, the letter stated that I am free to make firearms purchases now because everything has been dismissed. Yay I guess.

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    Woah! Wait! What? So u couldn't buy the gun then because the court erred? But they won't approve u for it because of the error? And u can purchase it now because its cleared up? How does that make any sense?

Nevermind, I get it. Big brother stuff. Glad u can go ahead and get it now.

Top Bottom