• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Silvertree

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2010
    I am looking for a Wiley X or Oakley pair of shooting glasses. Is there any place between (and including) Ft. Wayne and Indianapolis that actually has stock to try on? I have done dealer searches but most of them look like "can order" type of places. I know I can order them online in several places, but after wearing glasses for over 20 years I am particular so trying them on is a must.

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    Try Sunglass Hut in Glenbrook Mall ,M frames are my choice of shooting glasses . My brother recently acquired a pair of ballistic m- frames which may be my next purchase of shooting glasses.Also GET WET carries Oakleys (off of Parnell near broad ripple) Check Oakley web site & get the info on their sunglasses that is recommended for shooting.

IrishSon of Liberty

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I couldn't tell by your original post, but I just learned over the weekend that Oakley has perscription glasses available, including sunglasses. You can search Oakley's website for local dealers, but I know Optical One on Coldwater and Lenscrafter in the Glenbrook Mall are two of their vendors. I'll be interested to learn if they can do all three in one: perscription sunglasses approved for use in shooting applications.

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Oakley all the way. I have four pairs that I wear regularly (prescription and normal Half Jackets, Pro M-Frames, and prescription Spike 2.0 for EDW). The prescription lenses were ground by Oakley, not the local lab.

Nothing beats the overall clarity and durability of their products. I've not looked through another lens that made me happy.

Ossip is a good spot for the prescriptions. Otherwise, check out Sunglasses, Goggles, and Apparel – Oakley Official Site. for a dealer locator.

Silvertree

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2010
    I picked up a pair of Oakley glasses yesterday. I will see how I like them. Hopefully better than the Bob Allen's I have. The BA are nice but don't work for me.

Top Bottom