• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I had my 10/22 out at Atterbury in April but couldn't get the thing on paper at 50 yards to sight the scope in. Didn't have time to go to shorter distances... Until today.

Made it out to ECPR for a couple hours this morning. Started off at 7 yards and found it was about 5 inches low and maybe four inches off to the right. Got it hitting my point of aim and then moved my target out to 25 yards. If my memory is working, it was a couple inches low again, but I got it zeroed. Then out to 50ish yards. I think it was still off a bit and I was moving back and forth on windage but seemed to have the elevation right. I saw a shotgun hull and binder clip on the backstop and was able to hit them. I was pretty happy considering this is my first rifle. I didn't keep track, but I think I put around 300 rounds of Federal bulk pack and 50 mini mags through it. I could definitely tell the mini mags were better. I used my range bag on top of the barrel as my shooting rest.

I also had my new Glock 19 Gen 4 out for its second range trip. I shot 90 rounds of S&B and had one failure to eject where the brass got stuck in the ejection port. The gun is really comfortable in my hands; I think it's a keeper!

When I go back again I think I'll buy the 10 visit pass... It's a pretty good deal for someone that isn't out there every week. I really like the atmosphere at ECPR much better than at Atterbury. :ingo:

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Well, I guess it's the range officers that create the atmosphere. The guys at ECPR are friendlier and more personable. Three was also two or three of them. It look less than a minute to clear the firing line after cease fire was called. And the cease fires did not last as long. I guess that's because the place is smaller, but also because there was more staff.

When I was at Atterbury there was just one RSO for the whole firing line, and there must have been 30+ people shooting. He didn't come off as the friendliest fellow because he was always yelling over the microphone. It took him a lot longer to clear all the guns after calling cease fire than it does at ECPR, and the cease fires were longer (not fun when you pay by the hour). I felt there was too much non-shooting time at Atterbury due to there just being one range officer. It's probably that understaffing that caused all that. Have a couple more safety officers and I bet I'd like it better.

Just a better feeling for me at ECPR. I just have the 10/22 and Glock 19, so the caliber limitations at ECPR aren't a big deal to me.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    *EDIT Glad you had a good time. The range usually has a surplus of RSO's on hand and all are happy to interact with and help customers in any way they can. All try their best to make sure everything runs as smoothly for the shooter as possible.

Last edited:

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    Glad you had a good time. The range was actually slightly understaffed today than it typically is. You picked KIND of a "bad" day to go, so if you still found it that much better just wait till you go back and there's even more RSO's on hand.:D:yesway:

We certainly weren't "understaffed" today. We always have a minimum of at least one RSO for every 5 shooters. I think what "thekidd" is trying to say is that we usually have a surplus of RSOs on duty to offer advice and instruction and interact with our customers.

Thanks for coming out and we hope you come back soon!

Guy

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    We certainly weren't "understaffed" today. We always have a minimum of at least one RSO for every 5 shooters. I think what "thekidd" is trying to say is that we usually have a surplus of RSOs on duty to offer advice and instruction and interact with our customers.

Thanks for coming out and we hope you come back soon!

Guy
    Indeed. Incorrect choice of words on my part, trying to post in a hurry. Will edit accordingly. This is exactly what I was meaning to convey. :yesway:

22rssix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   2
    Mar 27, 2008
    Indianapolis
    The Ghost has only been in on Saturday for about 10 rounds. If you are lucky you may encounter him.

To the OP....

Glad you had a great visit. your next step is to remove that scope and try for the old Binder clips that are left behind on the berm. I will try to match you with my pistols if I have time. LoL

For those who have not had the ECPR exprience come check it out.

-James

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Ha! I'm not sure I could see a binder clip at 60 yards, much less use that gold dot sight to aim at it. Don't have to worry about me calling that bluff any time soon ;)

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    The Ghost has only been in on Saturday for about 10 rounds. If you are lucky you may encounter him.

To the OP....

Glad you had a great visit. your next step is to remove that scope and try for the old Binder clips that are left behind on the berm. I will try to match you with my pistols if I have time. LoL

For those who have not had the ECPR exprience come check it out.

-James

Don't do it op. He was able to put three shots through the same hole at seven yards with my new shield 9mm.

Glad you had a great time at the range hope to see you out there again.

-Tyler

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom