• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    I know that and am willing to listen and learn, but information needs to be substantiated.

Lets take for example;

Hey guys, silencers are legal in Michigan now!
    NFATCA

-or-

Hey guys, silencers are legal in Michigan now!
    Silencers Now Legal in Michigan - NFA Gun Trust Lawyer Blog

One of these completely supports the claim with a source, and article about the claim, and even further information.

If there is an article out there saying that the BATFE is going to hear this, I'd love to read it. If a wiser man wants to teach me something, I'll stop and learn it. I hope Samot proves right this is happening. It's a giant leap, but based on information I don't see anything supporting it other than a few dated emails which is disappointing when it's something as big as this. If in 90-270 days mkes it through all the leaps and hurdles it has to, and becomes the way of the future, I'll buy the guy beer.

Last edited:

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    .....Maybe you could resend your email to NFATCA asking the same question. I can pretty much guarantee you will get close to the same response I just posted ......

Lets take another look at what he said just a couple of posts above yours, off to the way back machine...

Ah yes... there it is.

.....I have contacted the NFA Branch and contacted the NFATCA by their listed number and email and am awaiting a response.

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    The NFA branch was as I thought. Nope nothing happening with anything at the time being, business as usual. Although if some thing did, we would be notified by a press release that could be found at atf.gov under the publications.

I posted my question on the NFATCA's facebook and it was removed after about 5 mins and have not received an email response yet, when I do and if I am wrong I'll be the first to admit it.

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    I posted my question on the NFATCA's facebook and it was removed after about 5 mins

I noticed that as well. I was waiting for a response, then poof,gone.:dunno:

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    and your posts in this thread are what? Helpful, constructive or just whining and kissing Jahreds ass?

they may not be helpful but they make me feel like a big man...

posting lies on the internet is super FAIL....you can't get on the internet and spew false information and not expect to be called on it.

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    they may not be helpful but they make me feel like a big man...

posting lies on the internet is super FAIL....you can't get on the internet and spew false information and not expect to be called on it.

Which is exactly what your doing unless you have any proof that he is lying that you are less than forthcoming with.

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    I have no dog in this fight. But it would be nice if this came to be. For many of us, getting the CLEO signoff is not much of a problem. Sometimes the forms have to be left at the Law Enforcement Center, then picked up a few days later. Our Sheriff is a busy man (and a "gun guy" too).

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    Seems pointless to me. I still have to go to the cop shop to get fingerprinted. 99% of the time the CLEO is the one doing the fingerprinting. This saves all of 2 seconds. Now if they wanted to drop the fingerprint requirement all together that would be amazing!

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    I'll be sure to copy & paste the info directly from the executive director so that lord Gamez can call someone else a troll

I'd like to see the executive order.? On a side, unless it was edited, I didn't see anyone calling anyone a troll until you started to sam...

Just saying...

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    Nothing you have said fulfills any definition of a lie, rumor maybe but not a lie.

well, i guess im just kinda old fashon in my way of thinking...

Lie - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

4lie

noun \ˈlī\

Definition of LIE

a : an assertion of something known or believed by the speaker to be untrue with intent to deceive b : an untrue or inaccurate statement that may or may not be believed true by the speaker

: something that misleads or deceives

: a charge of lying (see 3lie)

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion

4lie

noun \ˈlī\

Definition of LIE

a : an assertion of something known or believed by the speaker to be untrue with intent to deceive b : an untrue or inaccurate statement that may or may not be believed true by the speaker

SO now you can read peoples minds... darn why don't you just read everyone's mind at the nfa division and just tell us what they are thinking so this argument will be over.

MikeA

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011

4lie

noun \ˈlī\

Definition of LIE

Well, that covers about 90% of the content of this and every other web forum.

:rolleyes:

dak109

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Brown County
    Seems pointless to me. I still have to go to the cop shop to get fingerprinted. 99% of the time the CLEO is the one doing the fingerprinting. This saves all of 2 seconds. Now if they wanted to drop the fingerprint requirement all together that would be amazing!

This^:yesway:

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion

You need prints for many order of things but in an environment where the cleo doesn't like guns it may take a long difficult journey in order to get the sign off on class III. this takes a possible personal vendetta out of the process.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bball4life1234
    Top Bottom