• ...and so much more!
  • Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    It's not smart to use a slip over barrel adapter for a can
    Most barrels, especially rugers, are not concentric OD to bore. These reference no alignment to the bore.... plus using a set screw will further tilt the suppressor from center unless its a perfect slip fit.
    Think about the tolerance band on the OD of a paclite..
    . Probably whatever the extrusion is; +/-. 005

I concur, slip ons not good.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    If there is no exit hole in the for the bullet I don't think it is technically a suppressor . If there was an exit hole then it would be classified as a suppressor and would need a serial number and tax stamp to legally own.

Exit hole? This has a hole straight through for the bullet to travel.

I'm not sure this is technically NFA. I'm not an expert in the field, but as was said earlier, I don't see why this would be any more illegal than a threaded barrel.

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    there are serial numbered adapters for such a use. yes they are regulated and you do need to do tha paperwork. the oil filter is not the NFA item. the threaded adapter is.

for only costing 300 bucks including the 200 stamp, hell of a deal. screw on a giant oil filter. (for a large truck) and it is actually VERY quiet.

the toolbox trying to sell them on ebay is going to get people hurt (baffle strikes) as discussed above, in prison, and get himself in trouble, (assuming he isnt ATF anyways.

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    there are serial numbered adapters for such a use. yes they are regulated and you do need to do tha paperwork. the oil filter is not the NFA item. the threaded adapter is.

for only costing 300 bucks including the 200 stamp, hell of a deal. screw on a giant oil filter. (for a large truck) and it is actually VERY quiet.

the toolbox trying to sell them on ebay is going to get people hurt (baffle strikes) as discussed above, in prison, and get himself in trouble, (assuming he isnt ATF anyways.

If you buy the Econo Can, you must pay for the adaptor which is serialized and the attached oil can which is serialized and the tax stamp and wait for your tax stamp to arrive. Seems like a deal at first. Then your oil can stops workings due to the paper baffles inherent in oil filters. You send the whole unit back in so they can "refresh" your unit. Meanwhile you paymfor another tax stamp and another waiting period because the "refreshed" oil cans serial changes. Sound like a deal?

EDIT: of course were talking about if you follow the law to the T. Might as well buy once cry once.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars

Quality .22 supressors can be had for $200 + $200 tax.

So basically, for $100 more you can have a very functional, user serviceable can and you won't look like a toolbag with a giant oil filter on your gun rendering your sights useless. :twocents:

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas

So basically, for $100 more you can have a very functional, user serviceable can and you won't look like a toolbag with a giant oil filter on your gun rendering your sights useless. :twocents:

This sums it up. :yesway::yesway:

combat45acp

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    DeMotte

This is the part I don't understand. Plus you save on NOT having to buying oil filters...:):

goneshooting

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    I had a friend with me at CP gunshow and saw the vender selling them . He asked me what I thought about them I told him to stay away.

Newby

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2012
    In a cornfield
    There was a guy selling the same thing at the Alexandria show last weekend for AR and AK.....He claimed it was legal as a solvent trap.

I quickly exited his booth

partyboy6686

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I work for Advance Auto Parts. I actually had a guy show up in my store today with one of these Ebay adapters. Asked me if I knew what oil filters used that thread. He bought 5 different oil filters and went on his way. With the size of the oil filters he will never be able to use his sights.

madeindetroit

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    A buddy was selling similar things for paintball guns, he had no intentions on them being used on real guns. Long story short the ATF came to his house and took all of his supplies and make sure he would never sell anything like that again on ebay.

gopurdue02

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 2, 2011
    Theses things just look like 10-15 years in jail. I wouldn't want to talk to an ATF agent at the range with one of theses things on.

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    "It's been mentioned that the adaptor itself is what you're paying the tax for. Now I may be wrong, but since when is a thread adaptor to be considered a silencer in itself? Now I havent looked into it and dont know whether they refuse to sell the adaptor without an attached oil filter, but I dont think owning the adaptor alone would be considered an NFA item. I can purchase a threaded barrel for my pistol and its not an NFA item. I can purchase a thread adaptor for my threaded barrel and its not considered an NFA item. Why would this particular adaptor be considered an NFA item? Without owning the oil filter, theres no proof for constructive intent."

If I have a less than 16" upper floating around my safe, and a stocked lower on the premises which is temporarily unencumbered by an upper, I, technically , have constructive possession.

A weapon with a threaded barrel, or a threaded adapter, is of no consequence, as it is the suppressor which is the NFA item. If I don't own one, or I have a properly "stamped" one, there is no violation.

However, if you have this particular adapter in your possession, and you have a spare oil filter in the garage, or even park a car nearby, you now have all the pieces to make an illegal unregistered suppressor gathered together.

Chances of being caught or prosecuted.....minimal.
    Cost of being caught and prosecuted.......unfathomable.:twocents:

Top Bottom