• Status
    Not open for further replies.

akaindy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    Indianapolis, IN USA
    That was a wonderful day of fun. Weather turned out great.

The thompson was a blast to shoot. And truely the FNC was a brass slinger. I'd hate to be in an inclosed place shooting that. The brass might be more dangerous than the bullets.

I've got lots of good video but more are to big to post any where. I'll have to see if I can shrink them. I ended up with 1.53 gigs of video.

I want to thank Mr. & Mrs. Lovemywoods for the wonder place to shoot and the fabulous food. Being a temporay bachlor for two years until next year, food like that doesn't happen very often. Wonderful.

Thanks to everyone that put on a great day of shooting and putting the even together.

Aaron

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Shooting 40calPunisher's S&W .460 Magnum
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YozCyJFOv6o]YouTube - SW460[/ame]

My daughter hunts down tango watermelons with a suppressed 10/22
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVZyN-wMrtU]YouTube - 10 22[/ame]

VUPDBlue and I compare my Tac65 and his Gemtec Outback on Walther P22's
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-QEBaVAvco]YouTube - Dueling Suppressors[/ame]

My daughter rockin' the Ruger AC556 (with .22 Ceiner kit)
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsPt2EAVJsI]YouTube - AC556[/ame]

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Turns out that guns aren't the only thing my man GunInfected1 can shoot well. ;) He'll be posting pics later tonight, but here's one he took of me kickin' it old school:

shooter_tommy1.jpg

nalees

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    West Lafayette, IN
    I love the videos! Scutter, I could hardly tell a difference via video in the P22 silencers. What was it like being there? Was there any noticeable difference between the Tac65 and Gemtech?

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I love the videos! Scutter, I could hardly tell a difference via video in the P22 silencers. What was it like being there? Was there any noticeable difference between the Tac65 and Gemtech?

This is an important question that comes up here frequently: Which suppressor is better, the Tac65 or the Gemtech. That's why we did the test side-by-side. I think the conclusion and general consensus is that they both suppress equally well, meaning that the decibel reduction is about the same. The "tone" is slightly different between the two cans (and you can kind of pick that up in the video if you listen for it), but other than that, the choice of buying one over the other will come down to personal preference and the company that produces it. I can tell you that the Tac65 on a CZ452 American was exactly as silent as advertised. I literally could not hear anything but the click of the firing pin, and that's not an exaggeration.

For me, I like the fact that you can take the Tac65 apart. However, Gemtech will allegedly clean and repair theirs for you (for free?) if you return it. The Tac65 is also slightly cheaper (actually, a LOT cheaper if you take advantage of Britton's sale price).

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I can tell you that the Tac65 on a CZ452 American was exactly as silent as advertised. I literally could not hear anything but the click of the firing pin, and that's not an exaggeration.

True. It was ridiculous quiet, which is a step above "stupid quiet" and blows "Hollywood quiet" out of the water. ;) "Pew-pew" has nothing on a suppressed bolt gun. :yesway:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    True. It was ridiculous quiet, which is a step above "stupid quiet" and blows "Hollywood quiet" out of the water. ;) "Pew-pew" has nothing on a suppressed bolt gun. :yesway:

Britton keeps trying to sell me one, but I'm not a fan of bolt guns and I don't have the money anyway. He keeps telling me how quiet it is with the Tac65. KNC had one, so it was a perfect time to try it out. Britton definitely wasn't handing me a line of BS. It was just as silent as advertised (and here, the word "silent" is appropriate). Supersonic ammo was a bit louder, but with the subsonics, forget about it. You could hunt squirrels from your bedroom window all day long and your neighbors would never know.

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    Pictures from 2009 NFA Alumni Day

Here are some pictures from Sunday’s Alumni Day gathering. If you want a higher resolution picture (2-4 MB), send me a PM.

It was a great day except for a bit of mud. Wonderful chance to meet old and new friends and get up close and personal with some loud and proud machinery!

Our NFA Day cheerleader!
    23llc2b.jpg

Fenway got called into work on a Sunday. He drove all the way to NFA Day in BrownCounty, said a few words, fondled a couple of fine full autos and headed back north. Thanks for making the trip!
    bjfwra.jpg

“Let the buffet begin…”
    2cg21p0.jpg

Two of our vendors, Rotor Talker and Big Craig. Two finer gentlemen you’ll never meet!
    2prwlg2.jpg

This box if full of epic win!
    11j85c6.jpg

Burl shows great form with the mighty Serbu!
    xnzprk.jpg

Our fearless leader taking a spin on one sweet piece of firearms history…the Tommy Gun!
    2ik6pp0.jpg

I can’t tell who is instructing whom.
    2i1mfsy.jpg

The Serbu was a favorite again this year!
    25gxsmq.jpg

Spasmo and Bigcraig
    5akr6g.jpg

bwframe and Crimson
    j90fno.jpg

Larry with the Joker’s pistol from Batman! (Just kidding!)
    ngufyg.jpg

Bob getting lovemywood’s dad ready to shoot the suppressed MP5.
    dvhi4p.jpg

Crimson and Esrice.
    20fuc1t.jpg

Shooter521 practicing his Clint Eastwood “Make my day” face!
    2nbaseh.jpg

Cwood decided to show us how to dispatch an evil tango with the Serbu. He hit it on this third shot. I don’t know if he missed the first two or just wanted to use up Bigcraig’s ammo!
    2ir8yrr.jpg

29x9o9w.jpg

You get wet when you hit a jug of water with a S&W 460 round at 15 feet!
    30w2mw9.jpg

Integraholic with his mythic Kimber! (Capable of 200 yard hits!)
    13yf0ut.jpg

Side-by-side friendly competition with Crimson, BigCraig, and knobcreeknut
    ndttp3.jpg

i35rbp.jpg

Nice muzzle flash from the Serbu with VUPDBlue driving.
    33e3hah.jpg

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Nope, it's in .45 ACP. The upper is a Lage slowfire unit.

:facepalm: That's right. Now that you mention it, I distinctly remember loading .45ACP into that thing and it was a pain, even with the so-called "speed loader". The open bolt was pretty cool, though. I'd never even heard of that. I'm up at the line trying to figure out how to rack the dang thing like a moron... :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Evanlee11
    Top Bottom