• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Based on the presented considerations and points, my vote goes for the...

• Total voters

FireBirdDS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    Giving long hard consideration to the M&P 9c. I wish I would've included it as a third voting choice, but since I can't at this point (unless I start a second thread)... How many of you would've cast your vote for the 9c? (Since I already carry a 9 FS)

("Vote" by replying simply "9c")

ja7lewis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    I would go with the 9c since you already have the full size. Plus the 9c will accept the full size mags.

Big Guy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 25, 2014
    Greenwood
    Try the G34, my favorite to date. I've got a G19-4, G34-4, Springfield XDM 5.25 Competition, Sig P239-9mm, Beretta PX4-9. The G34 is a tack driver, once you get it sighted in, but the G19 could end up being equally good with a little tweaking.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    Giving long hard consideration to the M&P 9c. I wish I would've included it as a third voting choice, but since I can't at this point (unless I start a second thread)... How many of you would've cast your vote for the 9c? (Since I already carry a 9 FS)

("Vote" by replying simply "9c")
    9c :)
    I would go with the 9c since you already have the full size. Plus the 9c will accept the full size mags.

Basically, that is my reasoning.

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    Between your 2 picks I would easily go with the Glock 19 (I have 2 of them), but as others have said since you already have the full size M&P 9 the 9c would be a good compliment to it.

Shootallday

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2014
    central indiana
    I've been in search of the "perfect" EDC gun for many years but after all the guns I've owned I always come back to glock. I recently switched from a glock 23 to a 19 and I truely feel there is no better gun I could carry on a daily basis. Perfect combination of size capacity weight I really don't think you would regret getting a glock 19. For me it's the gun I trust my life with.

slowG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    Out of the 2 glock 19 but it's not really a BUG.. A 26 with extended mag or flush mag depending on situation seems more appropriate.

FireBirdDS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    And the winner is...

Thank you all for your suggestions and advice. I truly feel I thought this selection through well. :)
    The cross compatibility with my full size M&P 9 in both parts and existing accessories was a big plus that was hard to ignore, with the main competition with the G19 being the quality of the trigger out of box.

Initial Impressions

Smith & Wesson must've improved or smoothed out something within the past 5-6 months because the trigger on this new M&P (manufacture date: 02/28/14) has a surprisingly smoother trigger pull and break than my full size had out of the box I had purchased this past October (manufacture date: 09/17/13). The factory trigger on my full size out of box was GRITTY :nailbite: and almost demanded the Apex upgrade. Now the factory trigger on my new 9c doesn't quite have a smooth of a break as the champagne quality feel of the Apex kit, but it's a definite improvement over the pull and break on my full size out of box. I'll be sleeping on whether or not I wanna give the 9c the same upgrade.

First 5-7 shots @ 10-15 yards

The trigger reset is also noticeably more tactile and audible than my full size at the time. I don't feel that the total Apex DCAEK upgrade kit is necessarily a must, though I will consider replacing the factory sear with the Apex machined sear to further smooth out the trigger break. Given that this my first carry pistol with no secondary external safety, I don't wanna make the trigger pull much lighter than it already is.

The slide catch is noticeably stiff, in that it catches the slide as it should (upon an empty mag) but is somewhat hard to depress to release the slide. This needs to be broken in or polished up some.

Overall I'm pleased with it so far, and plan on posting a future comprehensive review of it and upgrades I feel will improve it. For starters I've already decided to immediately order the same 10-8 Performance sights I have on my full size (blacked out rear, red fiber-optic front)

Last edited:

Shootallday

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2014
    central indiana
    Good choice for your situation. Nice looking gun. I heard the triggers were getting cleaner I have a full size mp 40 that suffers from the old reset characteristics. Good to know its improved. Good choice!

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    I'd recommend this:

photo_zps0d327e0e.jpg

Oh, wait... :laugh:

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    And the winner is...

Thank you all for your suggestions and advice. I truly feel I thought this selection through well. :)
    The cross compatibility with my full size M&P 9 in both parts and existing accessories was a big plus that was hard to ignore, with the main competition with the G19 being the quality of the trigger out of box.

Overall I'm pleased with it so far, and plan on posting a future comprehensive review of it and upgrades I feel will improve it. For starters I've already decided to immediately order the same 10-8 Performance sights I have on my full size (blacked out rear, red fiber-optic front)

Congrats!

Top Bottom