• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    So, this hunting season, I'd like to get out and actually try and bag some animals.

I've been turkey hunting before, a couple of times, which mostly involved setting up deep in the woods, sitting there 1/2 the day, calling out occasionally, and never once hearing or seeing a turkey.

What I'd like to do is find experienced hunters willing to tag along with me and sort of guide me through the whole thing. Scouting, setting up, the kill, and getting the game field dressed.

Any takers?

I'm interested in anything that might put food on the table in hard times.

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    Keith, if you have the ground for it down there...I would be willing to help you scout and set up some stands. We could hunt and if either of us shot anything then I could walk you through how to field dress and everything... I've never turkey hunted before so I'm no help there. Do you have a bow? What will you be using to take the deer?

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    12 gauge shotgun. I'd have to get permission from the 2 farms around me for hunting their property.

Last time I went turkey non-hunting, it was in one of the state parks over near Terra Haute.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    So, this hunting season, I'd like to get out and actually try and bag some animals.

I've been turkey hunting before, a couple of times, which mostly involved setting up deep in the woods, sitting there 1/2 the day, calling out occasionally, and never once hearing or seeing a turkey.

What I'd like to do is find experienced hunters willing to tag along with me and sort of guide me through the whole thing. Scouting, setting up, the kill, and getting the game field dressed.

Any takers?

I'm interested in anything that might put food on the table in hard times.

Start looking for a use aluminum climbing tree stand. Summit Viper is the best there is but no matter what you get, look closely at all the welds for any sign of any kind of cracks.

Mrmonte

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 1, 2009
    Indy South Side
    Keith, My brother and I usually butcher a few deer in New Palestine every season. Your welcome to come and learn how we process them and I would be happy to help with yours. Send me a message when it gets close to October and we can exchange numbers if your up for it.

Im here if you want some help scouting or setting up too.:)

Top Bottom