• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mkelsey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Springville
    thanks for all the replies!. I have tried walking around the apartment with my 1911 cond. 1 (not loaded). and the one problem is when i sit alot, i sometimes end up causing the safety to flip off =(. Is this common? Any easy suggestions(IE am i maybe wearing it too low?)

Is it an ambi safety? if so a standard safety might solve that problem.

rpcblast

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2009
    "ditto on wearing my crossbreed supertuck at 3 o'clock postion. I carry a G36 with no print."

um isnt a G36 an assault rifle?

LCSOSgt11

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    LaPorte, IN
    Do not worry about the grip safety. It is there to prevent the weapon going off when not gripped properly. (Also, an administrative POS)

To help your transition to condition 1, read up on Jeff Cooper, and go to the trouble to obtain his tapes (now DVD's) from Paladin Press. The 1911 has more "safeties" than most pistols, however, like any other weapon, a full indoctrination and experience with its deployment are in order. I have carried a version of the 1911 for almost 30 years, and have never had a negligent discharge with it (yet).

In the immortal words of Col. Cooper: "Safety lies between the ears, not between the hands."

deo62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    hornet and bloodeclipse are wise beyond their years firm grip and rack it....taurus is tuff 1911...not familiar with that holster..carried for few years in army with their wonderful excuse for a holster, after that several years with galco crossdraw with no problems effecting safety....exposure problem, just like pulling your first trailer, you'll get used to it after a couple of miles(just dont forget its back there) enjoy your 1911 and welcome to the club

Top Bottom