• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BaconGrease

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Indianapolis
    My daughter has shot bb guns and paintball guns and she really enjoyed it so last year for her birthday I gave my daughter a lower. I asked her if she wanted any girly colors on it and she said no she's not girly so she just wanted it black.:D So over the last year my 12yo daughter and I have been buying parts and building her ar. Thank goodness we got all of the building done before the panic buying. Well because it was winter and I didn't have a lot of free time, she has been bugging the crap out of me to go shoot it since its hers. Last week I finally had some free time and I took her out to shoot it. Unfortunately because of ammo prices we didn't shoot a lot. We put around 35-40 rounds through it but she had a blast. I only shot about 10 rounds to sight it in. She shot the rest. I'm very proud of her as she handled herself like she had been shooting for a long time. I went over controls and safety and she picked up on it very quickly. She is already pestering me to go shooting again!!

100_3128_zps08e49b53.jpg

This one is a short video if you click on it.

Last edited:

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Now when she get to be dating age SHE can be the one sitting at the kitchen table cleaning the gun when the Boy friend arrives. That ought to make him think twice about any funny business! :laugh: Nice AR TOO!

BaconGrease

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Indianapolis
    That's truly good parenting
    Thank you. All my kids have been around my guns and have been allowed to see or touch them as long as they ask, which has helped remove the curiosity factor. She however has really taken to shooting.

Good job, Mike, and glad to see you posting again! :yesway: Calvin hasn't shot his AR yet, but soon.
    Let me know when and maybe we can take them together!

Bravo good sir! No fix that southpaw problem. I kid I kid!
    She's right handed but left eye dominant. We talked about how to shoot both ways and she decided that with a rifle its gotta be left handed. With a pistol she shoots right handed.

Now when she get to be dating age SHE can be the one sitting at the kitchen table cleaning the gun when the Boy friend arrives. That ought to make him think twice about any funny business! :laugh: Nice AR TOO!
    I like that idea but I think maybe we will both be cleaning a gun when the boyfriend arrives. :D

gunlover85

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2013
    Goshen

:lmfao:Oh my daughter is sooo getting into guns before she starts dating then. Good way to weed out the bad ones...he he he.

DialTone301

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    East Central IL
    My 11 yr old daughter is starting her second year shooting Steel Challenge and Rimfire Madness...this will be her first year shooting USPSA. Shooting is a great father daughter activity!!!!

Chelise

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2012
    I'm jealous of that AR. ;) But seriously, that's awesome, and you're doing a good job teaching her to protect herself.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    That is cool. Both of my kids grew up shooting on a regular basis, but they don't really shoot anymore. My idea was to get them shooting young so that the thrill of seeing a gun was not a big deal to them. They are grown now, but even when they were a little younger seeing a gun was "ho-hum" to them. That is how we make kids keep themselves from shooting themselves in the foot...or someone else.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Take her to an Appleseed. My daughter was 14 when she went to her 1st one. I think yours will do fine.

Top Bottom