New York Times Caught In A Lie Again, They Can't Help Themselves...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Interesting that you didn’t deny that the mainstream press is decidedly democrat. But at this point that would be silly to deny. They outright admit it now.

Early in my career, I had occasion to be interviewed in the media. My comments were somewhat correct but edited to take the main points out of context and fit with the agenda of the news service. That was almost 50 years ago. Do you really think I give a damn which political party those vultures align themselves with? The press fulfills its constitutional ideal a few times per decade at the national level. It does a better job locally.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Also, Alpo

I'd be interested in your explanation of why the only news organizations restricting access to their content on the internet archive are left wing, NYT, WaPo, and NPR to name some. Why doesn't "The Paper of Record" want to have a record?
    They're retconning and stealth editing their content to cover their more egregious sins of bias as their narrative has been forced to change (as more and more sins of that 'scandal free' fella' are brought to light)

I can't believe anyone would give them much credence at this point, but none so blind I guess. They feel like they still have influence (and can monetize) the #resistance and they'll move heaven and earth (and the truth) to try to maintain that. The Grey Lady is senile

Why would I be interested in spending any time researching such a boring subject? Newspapers are dead and they don't yet recognize it. It is rather chilling that Yahoo and Snapchat are their replacements, however.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    The press... does a better job locally.

oh-wait-youre-serious-let-me-laugh-even-harder-we-14905523.png

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    It's relative BBI. Certainly they make huge mistakes, but there are many things they do get right. Wedding, Obits, Box Scores, Sally winning the spelling bee, etc.

Interestingly, the local paper put up a paywall. It's the same fee structure as national papers. Are they kidding?

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Why would I be interested in spending any time researching such a boring subject? Newspapers are dead and they don't yet recognize it. It is rather chilling that Yahoo and Snapchat are their replacements, however.

Indeed

View attachment 67333

Why have an informed opinion when you can have a pre-formed opinion with so much less effort

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    That's the internet. AFAIK, NYTimes doesn't have the TV muscle of Fox. Internet news viewership is a far cry from television, which is in the millions. Hannity alone gets over 3 million viewers per month and we know how "fair & balanced" along with ACCURATE Hannity is.

But, you already knew that and really didn't believe the NYTimes was the "dominant" news source of America.

Particularly with the NYT and Wapo, (Bezos didn't buy it for no reason.) they are still the morning road map followed by the TV media and the planner for most of DC. Their influence, while waning with the public is still pretty strong in governmental circles and liberal TV.

Ok, we can also discuss the same dynamic that the OP was about in TV media if you want.

Liberal, Democratic, etc.: ABC,CBS,NBC,CNN,MSNBC,CNBC,Telemundo.

I'm sure I missed some

Conservative:

NONE

Fairly even-handed in the news division and allowing conservative editorial shows, owned by liberals making money off conservatives:

FOX

When discussing and calling out news, editorial content is not included. The OP was calling out "straight news" not opinion. Hannity and Maddow, for that matter are opinion shows that occasionally have news reports on them.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    It's relative BBI. Certainly they make huge mistakes, but there are many things they do get right. Wedding, Obits, Box Scores, Sally winning the spelling bee, etc.

Interestingly, the local paper put up a paywall. It's the same fee structure as national papers. Are they kidding?

If the Indy Star reported "Sally won the spelling bee", I'd find it plausible that Sally was Billy and the spelling bee was a bowling tournament.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Early in my career, I had occasion to be interviewed in the media. My comments were somewhat correct but edited to take the main points out of context and fit with the agenda of the news service. That was almost 50 years ago. Do you really think I give a damn which political party those vultures align themselves with? The press fulfills its constitutional ideal a few times per decade at the national level. It does a better job locally.
    It actually makes a difference that the media is biased towards a particular political position. For example, if the media presented both sides of the gun debate honestly, there wouldn’t be a debate. I’m astonished that we still have any rights at all given the dishonesty.

Also I’d have to disagree about the local news. Sometimes they can do a good job, but they have corporate interests too. I’ve seen plenty of local hit pieces.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Who reads the Indy Star? It has a paywall.

Stick with Auto Trader. :)

I used to get the physical paper until my name came up the second or third time and my wife had had enough with them. I don't click their links or get their paper any longer.

I think I got the paper more out of habit than anything. I liked getting a physical newspaper and reading it with morning coffee. It's not the same on a screen.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I used to get the physical paper until my name came up the second or third time and my wife had had enough with them. I don't click their links or get their paper any longer.

I think I got the paper more out of habit than anything. I liked getting a physical newspaper and reading it with morning coffee. It's not the same on a screen.

Now you can read here...

M

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well, Indy Star does allow you to read a couple of articles without paying before they hit you up for $$. Easy enough to get around that by clearing your browser cache though.
    You probably wouldn’t have to delete your entire browser cache though. Try deleting the cookies for that domain. Or, some browsers allow you to “forget” some of your browser history.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    You probably wouldn’t have to delete your entire browser cache though. Try deleting the cookies for that domain. Or, some browsers allow you to “forget” some of your browser history.

Right, but it's easier for me to just run C-Cleaner. I've got "exceptions" set up to keep what I don't want to delete. Indy Star is not on my exception list (and honestly I rarely click on one of their links anyway since it inevitably leaves me shaking my head in disgust).

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Right, but it's easier for me to just run C-Cleaner. I've got "exceptions" set up to keep what I don't want to delete. Indy Star is not on my exception list (and honestly I rarely click on one of their links anyway since it inevitably leaves me shaking my head in disgust).

Yeah. I remember ccleaner. Used to use it back in my windoze dayz.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    So, now CNN April Ryan spreads fake news.

Ryan tweeted: "Breaking: Reporters on the South Lawn have confirmed the @realDonaldTrump was heckled and booed when he came out to celebrate America."

Then she was corrected by her own network.

CNN's Noah Gray tweeted at Ryan, writing: "This is not true. There was a protester who shouted at Trump and was booed.
    https://www.dailywire.com/news/31491/cnn-analyst-gets-called-out-cnn-spreading-epic-ryan-saavedra

Want confirmation of the media bias, if it was "natural" human failures, the mistakes would be 50-50. These "mistakes" are grossly against the President, nearing 100% which is not possible without intent. Please show us the "mistake" the big media made that made Trump look good but was incorrect.

Oh, the US just reclaimed top economy in the world, also reduced the national debt by $30 billion in 2 months, doubt you will even hear that in the nearly 100% negative big media.

Trump was booed...

M

Top Bottom