• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    New York was just reacting any trying to make some news. Will be interesting to see how New Yorkers sell their mags out of state.

moosebag

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    Indiana
    ohno.jpg

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    D'oh!

That's why you should always read the bill before you pass it.

Probably the reason they have a three day mandatory waiting period to vote on something once it is introduced. Of course the governor waived that period for this bill.

It's even worse than that. The NY Senate literally had minutes to read the bill, rather than their "mandatory" three day waiting period. No need to consider, debate or allow public input.

New York's New Gun Controls Make the PATRIOT Act Look Like a Model of Legislative Deliberation - Hit & Run : Reason.com

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    They are going to quickly pass an ammendment

Dave Champion(I don't know anything about him...just see a friend on FB post up his stuff on occasion) summed it up...

Actually...after reading it...I think I'll just not post it. Not sure if it goes close to violating rules here

Summing it up. He said that The NY Law Enforcement excemption shows that they don't want to ban guns. They just want to get guns out of the hands of the people.

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    They should leave the law the way it is.

If 7 rounds is good enough for everyday New York residents, it's good enough for the police and those who guard the Governor. :D

"I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that His justice cannot sleep forever." - Thomas Jefferson

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    Back to revolvers, I'd guess!

I didn't check to see if the ban covered the tactical schmatical 8-round revolvers.

3.jpg

Laws didn't mention capacity size of revolvers...so this one is perfectly legal. Now there should be more of these, maybe up to 10 rounders? Big cylinders, but they would be legal in NY. Make some in .22WMR with a 12 or 13 rounder cylinder and other innovations.

Innovation should give gunmakers some totally new "semi-auto" revolvers or something...or modular 7 round magazines that although totally separate, can be clipped together to form a system with more capacity. As the first magazine empties, it is ejected while the next magazine is pushed into place. Make a rifle with 7 round tubular magazines on the same principle. Once a tubular magazine is empty, it ejects downward while the next one is pushed into place.

Could be a chance for some gun designers to come out with newer high tech rifle or pistol. Instead of thumbhole stocks, make it grooved to fit the shooter's hand without the thumb all the way through a hole in the stock. A foregrip shaped like the buttstock grip on a rifle. With polymer, these can all be easily shaped and made. And since they are new...they aren't "military style" because the military "ain't got nuffin like that" now.

Time to make radical changes to feeding designs. Since the military doesn't have them, they can't be classified under their lame rule of "assault weapons".

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    I truely hope to god they pass this amendment. By passing the amendment they effectively nullify the new law via the 14th amendment.

"All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."

Not sure if anyone caught it but the PBA that is pushing for the amendment stated they wanted exceptions for law enforcement and retired law enforcement.

Last I checked a retired jack boot thug is just an average joe.

Almost makes me want to immigrate to the peoples republic of NYC just to challenge it

a.bentonab

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Evansville
    I truely hope to god they pass this amendment. By passing the amendment they effectively nullify the new law via the 14th amendment.

"All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."

Not sure if anyone caught it but the PBA that is pushing for the amendment stated they wanted exceptions for law enforcement and retired law enforcement.

Last I checked a retired jack boot thug is just an average joe.

Almost makes me want to immigrate to the peoples republic of NYC just to challenge it

I also saw that. I don't know how they can justify excepting RETIRED law enforcement?

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Top Bottom