New Years party at my favorite liberal's..

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jesse485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    La Porte
    Obviously, I'm way too late to be of any assistance, but I was just thinking about this yesterday. What I came up with is that all of these school/ mass shooters, and really any prepared criminal has the element of surprise on their side. Nobody will have any idea what's about to occur, and many of these shooters have packed extra magazines.

I on the other hand, have no clue when I will have to use my firearm, possibly against a crazy person who has done a good job of preparing extra munitions. Since I won't have the element of surprise, I will not have taken along a bunch of magazines, maybe one extra at the most. I would like all the advantage I can have against a prepared maniac.

FMJ

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    Fort Waste
    Obviously, I'm way too late to be of any assistance, but I was just thinking about this yesterday. What I came up with is that all of these school/ mass shooters, and really any prepared criminal has the element of surprise on their side. Nobody will have any idea what's about to occur, and many of these shooters have packed extra magazines.

I on the other hand, have no clue when I will have to use my firearm, possibly against a crazy person who has done a good job of preparing extra munitions. Since I won't have the element of surprise, I will not have taken along a bunch of magazines, maybe one extra at the most. I would like

This is one argument i have used to good effect when needed...or something of the sort.

"The bad guy chooses EVERYTHING. He chooses the when, the where, the how hes going to attack. The ONLY choice you have his HOW you will defend your family, your property and your LIFE. It is reasonable to be as prepared as possible for the unknown comes to visit.""

SPUTTER

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    BEDFORD
    That is correct are you ready when something happens. I carry everyday, I am not looking for any trouble but by God if something does I will be ready to protect my life, family and others if need be.

Going down to my wifes grandmothers to fire a few rounds.

williamrights

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    The best argument I heard is just turning the tables. I was once asked why I should have the right to carry at a place that shall remain nameless. Instead of taking the bait I simply stated it is not up to me to prove need it is up to you prove I do not have the right. They were dumb founded.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    They don't ban Corvette's because people speed in them, and you can still drive one even after you get a ticket

That's usually the first example I throw back at them. "Why does someone need a car that will do 150 mph when the average speed limit is only 55?"

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    Answer a question with a question. Such as "ok they ban high cap mags, but stops me from carrying a large number of low cap mags to make up the difference? With a little practice I can swap them just as fast".

JR50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Significantly North of Rt. 30
    You need to speak language she understands.
    You need to ask her to give up
    something she cares about.

Ask her how she feels about "reasonable
    abortion laws".

I.E. Is she willing to give just a bit on her "rights to
    her own body" because we have a national tragedy of one kind or another? Or is
    her "right to her body" an absolute that there is no negotiation on?

Ask
    her if she, as a liberal, trusts pro-lifer's promises for just one, or maybe two
    more laws and that is just gonna be it? Or, maybe she has no trust in her for
    that?

So, theoretically, if it was provable that just one, or two laws
    encroaching on her "right to her body" was somehow for the public good - would
    she give up that right?

If that good was provable to be false, but
    instead was just an emotional salve, would she still give up that right?

If that good was just something she saw as a step towards a great goal no
    abortions, would she give in? Even if it was just something small, something
    she did not need?

Keep it that direction. Don't get too tied into what
    details could construe these examples - just ask the questions and get her
    answers as theoreticals.

If she is not willing to give any space, then
    tell her she understands how you feel. I.E. that absolute rights do not bow to
    the madness of crowds or the whims of political times.

If she is willing
    to give ground, then ask where the ground stops, where on the slope does she
    thing she can stop the boulder once it gets rolling.

And then finally
    ask her just how long she thinks it takes to swap a mag, and how much it matters
    when you have a pistol to backup the reload time.

Techres,
    Your argument may be the most astute and effective response I've ever heard.
    Bravo! and Thank you.

Concerned Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Yes it was at her house. Unfortunately, she did not want to debate the issues, so it was a bit of a letdown. I suspect that it was because she had several relatives in from out of state, and did not want to pwned.:laugh:

However, her & her husband are good friends, & we get together fairly often. I do appreciate all the advice and tips. I'm sure it will come in handy eventually.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    You got robbed of a loud and divisive debate,
    But you got the opportunity for a real future conversation that might change someone.

Trust me, you came out wayyyy ahead in that deal.

Top Bottom