• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    Doesn't quite add up to me. When I carry my xd9sc with the fullsize mag and grip extension making for a fullsize grip, the back end of the grip is sticking an inch past the rear of my belt. Tucks away nicely when I use the flush magazine.

Why shorten the barrel for less accuracy while keeping the grip full size? Doesn't seem to do much for concealment

But, it does look good.

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    Shortening the barrel puts it in the XD Service category. Maybe they worked on the barrel first to keep people interested...and are now working on the frame for the sub compact :dunno:

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    Can someone please tell me why you would want a XDm in 3.8? Wasn't the whole idea of the XDm for a stock competition grade weapon, now why would you want a smaller compact weapon for competition? Looks like a great carry weapon, but purely market ploy under the XDm nameplate.

Is there a competition series for compacts, or is this just cashing in on the XDm name?

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    Can someone please tell me why you would want a XDm in 3.8? Wasn't the whole idea of the XDm for a stock competition grade weapon, now why would you want a smaller compact weapon for competition? Looks like a great carry weapon, but purely market ploy under the XDm nameplate.

Is there a competition series for compacts, or is this just cashing in on the XDm name?

Mainly, I want the XDm 3.8 for the changeable backstraps on the grip. The XD9SC is almost too fat for my wife's little hands.

But on the other hand, I am now wondering, did Tiger Woods have clubs fitted with smaller grips for his wife, or was she able to use the standard grips without affecting her follow through?

Hmmmm? :rolleyes:

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    made in Croatia?

i'll pass. I'll stick with my Brazilian U.S. and Italian made things

Where have you been? Guess this is a 50 poster...

The gun looks great, though I agree with another guy, uh, the grip is what makes the gun compact :D What I think is funny about XDs (owners look at your guns) is on the dust covers. The longer models have a vertical line on them. I jokingly told my cousin (who wanted one) that is where they cut them off to make the compact. He gave me a blank look, to which a "just kidding" was given. :D

I like the XDm's backstraps and slides, but this one is still a bit big in my mind to fill a "compact" role.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    made in Croatia?

You did not know that they where made in Croatia? You realize that Springfield does overloook the manufacturing. So you are not buying a piece of ****. So get your facts straight before making uneducated remarks. I could say things about other guns, in other countries but there is no need to.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I actualy like the idea. Seeing as I have an Xd service model. That's what has drawn me away from the Xdm is the longer barrel. Now I may look at it for my next 9mm. Subcompact grips are too small for my taste. With the right holster you can easily conceal a fullsize handgun. I am more concerened personaly about barrel length, then I'm about grip length. For IWB, I do not want a barrel more then 4".

Last edited:

g+16

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    croatia

made in Croatia?

if you have not tried one don't knock it, it's the up and coming on stong pistol in ispc shooting:D, I know people who don't like ar15's because their's in nam sucked, and refuse to look at a new one, besides that check your us made things and you'll find that a lot of them or the parts for them are made outside the us and just the company's name inprinted on the part

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Do I wish they were made in USA? sure. but since nobody makes anything that compares (IMO) then I'll buy a croatian pistol.

I JUST NEED IT IN .45!!!!! Come on, SA, what are you holding out on me for?

I think this 3.8 is an answer to a nonexistant problem. Check out xdtalk.com or any of the other boards. Never once have I seen anyone post "Gee I like the XDM, but they need to make the barrel .7" shorter." The threads "XDM45-When will we see it?" and the like are too many to count.

Top Bottom