• ...and so much more!
  • tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    By Lyubov Pronina
    July 10 (Bloomberg) -- Russian President Dmitry Medvedev illustrated his call for a supranational currency to replace the dollar by pulling from his pocket a sample coin of a “united future world currency.”
    “Here it is,” Medvedev told reporters today in L’Aquila, Italy, after a summit of the Group of Eight nations. “You can see it and touch it.”
    The coin, which bears the words “unity in diversity,” was minted in Belgium and presented to the heads of G-8 delegations, Medvedev said.
    The question of a supranational currency “concerns everyone now, even the mints,” Medvedev said. The test coin “means they’re getting ready. I think it’s a good sign that we understand how interdependent we are.”
    Medvedev has repeatedly called for creating a mix of regional reserve currencies as part of the drive to address the global financial crisis, while questioning the U.S. dollar’s future as a global reserve currency. Russia’s proposals for the G-20 meeting in London in April included the creation of a supranational currency.

euro.jpg

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Yup, the BRIC nations have also been buying gold to back up their currency.

* Brazil, Russia, India & China

There is no question that the world is looking to dump the US Dollar as the default world currency, our dollars are worthless. The question is HOW LONG will it take to move away from the dollar. I suspect it is a process that will take a DECADE, maybe a bit longer. But as the gold stockpiles climb in other nations to back their currency our currency will devalue to the point that it is worth the price of the paper its printed on.

"Full Faith & Credit" of the US will be the punch line of a sad joke when Obama gets done.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    They can propose all they want. Unless or until we agree to switch to a new currency we, as a country, will continue to pay for goods in U.S. dollars. If they choose not to accept them then they can sit back and see how their new "world currency" tastes because they won't have any of our money to buy their food.

Sounds awfully arrogant I know but regardless of the rest of the world's confidence in the strength of the dollar, we're still top dog and will continue to be for a long while. Say what you want about how screwed up this country is becoming but we're still a far cry from being unable to manage our affairs as miserably as 90% of the rest of the world.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    The question is would we as a country (not just the people, but our businesses, government, etc.) refuse to use the new currency and only insist on paying in dollars?

My answer is no, especially since most of companies that do international business (both importers and exporters) are already used to dealing in other currency. This would just be another to manage.

On the other hand, the US dollar currently accounts for over 80% of the foreign curency exchange on a daily basis, and our GPD accounts for roughly 1/4 of the world GDP (about the same as all of the western European Nations Combined, and just less than the combination of China, Japan, Indian, and Latin America.)

Yes, the dollar is the wolrd currency at this point, but if enough countries got behind it, to where they could leverage their GDP vs. that of the US, it could turn pretty quickly.

For it to happen I think you'd need every one of the G8 nations excluding the US, to lock arms and say their going to do it. That could create the leverage needed.

It is possible, but not easy. Think about the fairly recent transition of Western Europe to the Euro. Great Britain did hold onto the Pound Sterling, but most of the rest of Europe when with a common currency. I can't imagine them being ready to give up on it and jump right into a new currency again.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    I can't believe that even though the bible speaks of these signs there are people who refuse to believe !

It's right there in black , white and red ! Written long ago and coming true in my lifetime .

Yep!! a one world order, and Obamatard wants to be the head of it, him and the Dem's Things are moving fast,

ruger17hmr

Shooter
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Jun 13, 2008
    Indy
    Yup, the BRIC nations have also been buying gold to back up their currency.

* Brazil, Russia, India & China

There is no question that the world is looking to dump the US Dollar as the default world currency, our dollars are worthless. The question is HOW LONG will it take to move away from the dollar. I suspect it is a process that will take a DECADE, maybe a bit longer. But as the gold stockpiles climb in other nations to back their currency our currency will devalue to the point that it is worth the price of the paper its printed on.

"Full Faith & Credit" of the US will be the punch line of a sad joke when Obama gets done.

It is not that easy to do away with the dollar as world currecy.
    The world holds trillions in US treasury. What do you think would happen
    if a country such as China decides to unload a portion of its holdings?
    There will be an instantaneous steep decline in the value of dollar, which makes you wonder if China has the stomach for such a chain reaction, for she is the country with the largest US Treasury holding.

Precisely the reason why China can only cry about the depreciation of dollar, instead of act on it. (Even the complaints are detrimental for its own US debt holdings.) I suspect that there will be a collective inititive to weaken the negative influence of dollar, but it will include the dollar in some capacity or the other. For instance, the currency that comprise of Dollar, Yuan, Franks, Yan, Pounds, and Marks can be created to meet the requirements of the current world situation. Although it will create a nightmarish situation for the currency traders, it will ultimately lessen the effect of de-dollarization at hand.

Last edited:

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    On this note , have you guys noticed the amount of commercials for companies wanting to buy your gold ?

It hit me about a month ago that there has been an increase since the economy went to crap .

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    On this note , have you guys noticed the amount of commercials for companies wanting to buy your gold ?

It hit me about a month ago that there has been an increase since the economy went to crap .

Oh yeah. There are a lot of commercials offering to sell gold too. More than I can ever remember

Can anybody give the Bible Chapter & verse for the world currency references?

CulpeperMM

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    11Then I saw another beast, coming out of the earth. He had two horns like a lamb, but he spoke like a dragon. 12He exercised all the authority of the first beast on his behalf, and made the earth and its inhabitants worship the first beast, whose fatal wound had been healed. 13And he performed great and miraculous signs, even causing fire to come down from heaven to earth in full view of men. 14Because of the signs he was given power to do on behalf of the first beast, he deceived the inhabitants of the earth. He ordered them to set up an image in honor of the beast who was wounded by the sword and yet lived. 15He was given power to give breath to the image of the first beast, so that it could speak and cause all who refused to worship the image to be killed. 16He also forced everyone, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on his right hand or on his forehead, 17so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of his name.
    i cannot honestly tell you that i know what all of this means.
    not exactly currency, but makes sense in the context of digital biometrics and such technology.

DustinG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    We will go to a world currency in the next 3 years, the U.S. has too much debt. I believe we are past that point (that point being too much debt to pay off in the amount of time), being a strudent of history. Which leaves the U.S. with two options: one is to default, which no country ever has (it means the U.S. would cease to exist as a nation) or two is to print it off, which results in hyperinflation. The hyperinflation was the case that happend in Germany after World War I because of the restitution that the Allied countries placed upon them. It resulted in wheel barrows full of money to buy loafs of bread.

The U.S. will do this to pay off China and other debts (notice why China has been taking short term bonds), then switch to a world currency

Raoc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 6, 2009
    I've been predicting this aver since the "stimulus" began. Anyone with half a brain could clearly see that the stimulus would not stimulate anything but inflation. Obama is not an idiot and neither are the folks who are calling the shots for him. All of this massive, unprecedented spending is and effort to intentionally destroy the dollar.

My prediction is this:

This world currency is not something that will have to be sold to or forced on people. When inflation gets bad enough - not Zimbabwe hyper inflation, but just bad enough so that it is clear to every man, woman, and child that our currency is worthless - the people will cry out and beg for this world currency. Obama will turn and say "It just so happens that we have been working on this little global currency, let's switch to this."

The people will shout "Hurray, our Savior has saved us once again!"

History will record him as a great peacemaker and unifier of the world.

Folks like us who know better will be ridiculed as a bunch of rightwing/Nazi/xenophobic/isolationist nut jobs.

This is like watching a train wreck in slow motion. I fear our best days are behind us.

Manan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    West Central
    So the advice to all is:

1.) Stay out of debt.
    2.) Have a good supply of non-perishable goods. Maybe enough for your family for a year.
    3.) Have a garden.
    4.) Stay close to family and God.
    5.) VOTE - Speak - Become politically active.

May God help us.

eatsnopaste

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    South Bend
    I can't believe that even though the bible speaks of these signs there are people who refuse to believe !

It's right there in black , white and red ! Written long ago and coming true in my lifetime .

I'm a bit confused, what does the "mark of the beast" have to do with a few countries wanting to form their own currency? Whatever they do....the Euro ring a bell? The will have to spend whatever currency the USA chooses to take as currency..remember WE feed the
    world. Food and bullets are the bottom line and we have the most of both, by far.

Top Bottom