• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    How well would your semantics translate if you were to write something in Ukranian i wonder? ;)

Turns out English is not my native tongue either so I usually decline to forgive such things.

And I don't believe that the mistakes are in translation exclusively. The rest of the sentence I quoted: allows long-distance slug shooting without vertical correction, has problems apart from wording. It should lead a person to wonder what constitutes "long-distance", and based on what target size do I need to vertical correction. Posting a couple of tables would eliminate the need to worry over differences between languages.

But they might be great slugs, who knows who hasn't shot them into animals? It is just that history shows hunters and shooters that when seemingly impossible advances are claimed by previous unknowns, they usually don't prove out. If the ad copy were right we'd all have bought our way in a long time ago.

Last edited:

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    Looks like another hokey gimmic to sell to people who can't hunt or shoot. Probably brought out by the same pack of idiots who started putting hollow points in shotgun slugs. Now you can hardly even buy a decent foster slug with out that moronic hollow point.

Hard to beat these!
    Cabela's -- Winchester Super-X® Power Point Rifled Slugs
    I dont know why they call em "power points" they are just regular ole round nose slugs:dunno:
    I've used em for years and quit a few dead deer will agree they are just as lethal as the $15 box of 5 sabots my rifled slug guns shoots:rolleyes:

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Hard to beat these!
    Cabela's -- Winchester Super-X® Power Point Rifled Slugs
    I dont know why they call em "power points" they are just regular ole round nose slugs:dunno:
    I've used em for years and quit a few dead deer will agree they are just as lethal as the $15 box of 5 sabots my rifled slug guns shoots:rolleyes:

If they are flat on the end, it's good enough but $4.99 plus tax and plus shipping? Those should be $2.50 a box on sale at the end of every season and they were until the marketing magic of hollow point slugs.

I have to admit between serious stocking up and reloading my own I haven't bought a slug in at least a decade. First time I had no choice but to buy hollow point 12 gauge slugs, I started watching for them. When I hit on them at the end of one season I bought out the whole shelf and still have piles of them.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I dunno about you guys, but there is such a thing as too much tissue damage. I shoot deer to fill the freezer before I shoot to fill a blank space on my wall.

nova512

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    west side of indy
    i dont know about those,, my fav slug is the partition gold awesome power,,i use the hornaday sst partitions for some reason skyrocketed when i had to replace my scope sst were good price very good accuracy,but i have never seen anything do as much damage then the winchester platinum tip those things are meat grinders just flat chewed the thing up my friend and wife use those.

shooter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    I dunno about you guys, but there is such a thing as too much tissue damage. I shoot deer to fill the freezer before I shoot to fill a blank space on my wall.
    :rockwoot:A full freezer is the BEST reason to shoot a deer....:draw:

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    I'll just stay/stick with my Lightfields (20ga. 2 3/4" Hybred EXP))....No need to fix something that doesn't need fixing! :twocents:

It really boils down to shot placement more than anything...any of todays slugs will do the job with a properly placed shot. Here is a pic of last seasons deer that I took at 90 yards....he only went 30 to 40 yards before crashing.
    DeerCamp20096.jpg

Last edited:

Ryninger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Newburgh
    I don't car for the "splintering" of the round either... I don't wanna have to worry about biting into metal when eating a piece of steak, or putting a shard of metal through my grinder... Then again haven't used anything but a bow for a few years now....

Top Bottom