• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Got me a diffrent truck had some work done to it and its done now... So here it is.. Before View attachment 31479 View attachment 31480 and After View attachment 31481View attachment 31482 Had to have the 3rd door rust fixed and the hood repainted and some new window tint done and now its done ... Had some other paint work done while it was in the shop just to change it up a little and it turned out better then I thought it would... Im very happy with it... Truck only has 90,000 mi on it, my old truck had 173,000 so I thought it was time for a diffrent truck, plus this ones better on gas, New ones has a Vortec 4.3 L V6 VS the old one had a 5.9L 360.... Now I just need a couple INGO window stickers for the back window and I will be good to go... lol

N_K_1984

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    That's a great looking truck! I've always loved the ZR2's! I never owned a ZR2, but I'd still love to have one as just a run-around-vehicle. I had a ZR5 for many years, it was a great truck! My wife and I just outgrew it, and we got a truck that was just a little bit bigger, still a mid size. I've always been a mid size truck kind of guy.

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    That's a great looking truck! I've always loved the ZR2's! I never owned a ZR2, but I'd still love to have one as just a run-around-vehicle. I had a ZR5 for many years, it was a great truck! My wife and I just outgrew it, and we got a truck that was just a little bit bigger, still a mid size. I've always been a mid size truck kind of guy.

Thx N_K_, I been wanting a ZR 2 for quit some time now but man they sure are hard to find without a crap load of miles on them... This one has been Z-barted (under coated) and has a spray in bed liner so thats probably why it wasn't eat up with rust ?? But It is in great shape and looks like new inside and everything works great even the 4x4 so with the low miles so I had to have it.. Ive heard that the Vortec V6 will run forever if you take care of them so I guess we will see... lol... I still need a couple INGO window stickers for it tho.... Guess Im gonna have to order a couple... ;)

Last edited:

Dirty Steve

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2011
    Danville
    I bought a 97 ZR2 new and put 150K miles on it before my family "outgrew" it. That was a great truck. The 4.3V6 was probably to much motor for the truck to be honest. I had 35's on it and it would go through the mud and snow like nobody's business. I would hazard a guess that you will enjoy it.

Dirty Steve

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Thx all, I had been wanting one for a long time and the one I seen I really wanted had the silver bottom like mine is now but it had like 180,000mi. on it so I had to pass on it because of the miles.. Then I found this one with alot less miles so I just made it look like the other one and I think it turned out killer... It ain't new but its new to me and I love it... Thx again for your feedback.

Top Bottom