• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dirt43

Shooter
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Greenwood
    I would like to get a handguard that is capable of mounting stuff at 45 degrees. I would like to put a red dot on the top of the receiver and then put iron sights at 45 degrees on the handguard. Sny suggestions on a handguard?

bigerik

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2012
    jefferson county
    The kits are normally cheaper than buying all the parts. But not always you got to look around. Model 1 sales have nice kits I've used them a few times on builds and have had good luck with them nice work.

bigerik

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2012
    jefferson county
    Dirt43 an A3 upper (flat top) and a quad rail M4 hand guard with 45* mounts for your iron sights would be cheap n easy to do cheaper than dirt carrys all the above. Hand guards bout 60 bucks the mounts 10-30 buck per. Buy good sights same plain it worth the money as cheap sights will give u fits till u buy good ones. Lol.

dirt43

Shooter
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Greenwood
    Has anyone ever heard of givati company usa for uppers? They have a cheap one but I can't find any info on them. Also does anyone know where I can get a decent mil spec buffer tube without paying an arm and a leg? I wanna buy local because of frauds. I live around southport area

dirt43

Shooter
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Greenwood
    I found some iron sights. They are called rapid transition sights (RTS). I would like to purchase a set but am not sure which is a reliable brand. I know surefire is but I don't want to pay $200+ for iron sights. Please help.

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    IMO... no need for 45* irons unless you're in some serious combat where enemy will be both in your face and 400m out.
    An optic sighted at 25m will impact the same moa at 400m using 55g ammo. 100-300m will be high.
    If they're closer than 25m then the stationary front iron will do just fine.

JTB4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2013
    United States
    Like a guy mentioned already - invest in some Magpul MBUS (not PTS) sights. They will work just fine and can be had for around $85 for a set if you look around. They will help you invest in other quality parts by not breaking the bank. Once your build is complete, if you decide on an magnified optic (such as a traditional scope for coyotes as you mentioned or an ACOG), and you really really want to mount some irons at 45, you can just get the mounts. Have fun.

dirt43

Shooter
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Greenwood
    New question all together. Does the length of a free float quad rail matter on a 16" barrel? I want a longer set up than normal but obviously not extending past the muzzle. Also can an upper be assembled without the use of a vise? I don't have one but would like to build my upper or watch somebody do it so I can get an understanding of how it goes together but I don't wanna pay someone an arm and a leg to do it either.

dirt43

Shooter
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Greenwood
    New question all together. Does the length of a free float quad rail matter on a 16" barrel? I want a longer set up than normal but obviously not extending past the muzzle. Also can an upper be assembled without the use of a vise? I don't have one but would like to build my upper or watch somebody do it so I can get an understanding of how it goes together but I don't wanna pay someone an arm and a leg to do it either.

Any help with this?

TAT7

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 27, 2012
    Indianapolis

Bring your parts down to us at USDS and I can walk you through the process, we can build it here and show you exactly how it goes together.

digitalrebel80

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 97.4%
    38   1   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    New Whiteland
    You can use whatevet length you want if you have a low profile gas block. A vice is advised due to the torque required. If you want help I have all the tools at my house and have built many uppers. I won't charge you anything but I would be happy to show you how its done. PM me if you want to set something up.

dirt43

Shooter
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Greenwood
    Bring your parts down to us at USDS and I can walk you through the process, we can build it here and show you exactly how it goes together.

How much would I be charged to bring this in and have you guys do it? I don't have all the parts yet either I am weighing the pros and cons have buying a complete upper and buying it piece by piece and assembling it.

TAT7

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 27, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Well, we have some options here it sounds;

-We have factory Rock River complete uppers and our own upper builds in stock if you choose to go that route.

-We offer free assembly if all/most parts are purchased through us. We carry all parts, small and large, for the AR-15 and lots of accessories at all times.

-If you have already purchased most/all of your upper parts, then for us to assemble we would charge $30-50 depending on componants.

Top Bottom