• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Well after wearing my new Dickie's belt for the almost 8 working days, and finally able to hang a oc holster on it for 6 hours today I have to give this new style locking track belt a defining :yesway:'s up for it.

It's unique locking mechanism with a tooth & track design is great for fit and function. Re-adjustments to tighten or loosen it according to what is needed at that moment is quick and easy, it also being a double thick design to incorporate the track helps strengthen the belt and still affords the ability of flexibility.

Today was the belts first chance to be blessed and christened with the added attachment of a Don Hume holster and a Taurus PT 809. It performed flawlessly and because of the double thick belt, there was no chance of any sagging or rolling of the belt.

My only regret now is that I did not purchase two of these gems, so my next mission :shady: is to stealthily sneak up and grab another one of these before the cat is out of the bag!

I bought two of these belts from Meijer in Avon. They were on sale for $10.49 Great Belts, thanks for posting about them. Note to everyone when I bought my belts they only had two others left, one size 32 and one size 36.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Belt Update....

Well just short of two months of use this belt is still performing at a top notch level.
    Still got a good stiffness to it, does not roll when carrying my Taurus 809 and now wear on what I would consider the weakest part of the belt and that is the locking tracks. Teeth still have a good edge on them and have no noticeable wear to the from the licking mechanism.

I think I'm gonna go out and buy 2 or 3 more just for insurance after long time use. After all when I get settled in on a belt, I don't want to change, and this way I'll be good to for years to come.:D

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Belt Update....

Well just short of two months of use this belt is still performing at a top notch level.
    Still got a good stiffness to it, does not roll when carrying my Taurus 809 and now wear on what I would consider the weakest part of the belt and that is the locking tracks. Teeth still have a good edge on them and have no noticeable wear to the from the licking mechanism.

I think I'm gonna go out and buy 2 or 3 more just for insurance after long time use. After all when I get settled in on a belt, I don't want to change, and this way I'll be good to for years to come.:D

I must say, I am a little surprised...

I expected that the belt would "jump" the teeth like a chain on a worn sprocket..

IndyBeerman

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I must say, I am a little surprised...

I expected that the belt would "jump" the teeth like a chain on a worn sprocket..

This would have been what I considered the weak link in the design of the belt. But it has done job, I pop the tension while driving, re-tighten when I get out (hate the pants to sang any at all, plus need the shirt tale to stay in) at least 15-20 times a day while getting in and out of the beer truck.
    So it's getting more than a normal workout.:D

So it get's my official GTG approval!

zip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    I picked on of these up, since the meijer in Anderson had them for 7.00. So far it seems GTG

IndyBeerman

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Not to sound like a crank, but you know this is a review of a belt I bought and paid for, no where in the original post did I say "Hey put up comparable or different belts to compete against it.

It's was just a review of a everyday wear belt that has a side function as a carry belt that was at selling for a fairly decent price. So it would be nice sometimes if people would just stay within the bounds of a post.

:ranton:

Been sick, that is all, move along, nothing to see here, these are not the droids you was looking for.

IndyBeerman

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Thought this would be a great time for a thread bump and almost 2.5 year review.

I'm pleased to report that this Dickie's belt is still good to go while functioning as both my everyday belt while wearing my clothes in the working world, while being great belt to strap my holster on when carrying.

Frankly I thought that the locking teeth would have either worn out or the sewn threads holding it in would have ripped out. After all of the repeated readjustments on a daily basis, loosening while sitting back down in the drivers seat and re-tightening when getting back out to hold up my pants that contains keys, 2 cell phones, gloves, portable printer strapped on the hip and any thing else I can find to thrown in 6 pockets.:D

IndyBeerman

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Here's some update pics of how the belt looks now versus when it was new.

These pictures were taken with my Droid X2's camera, so they will look different from the original pictures, since then my Canon XTi has went to camera heaven.:laugh:

As you can see, the stitching is still in great shape and the belt has held up very well.

2012-06-16_12-55-26_772.jpg

The locking teeth was one of my original concerns if they would hold up over the long haul and not get rounded off or break off from the repeated daily re-adjustments, along with being able to handle the added pressure needed to securely hold my carry firearm firmly in place when worn.

As you can see the the teeth have held up very well.
    2012-06-16_12-53-11_132.jpg

The next worry would have been the buckle itself with the thin piece of metal used to pop in and out to engage the lock, but as you can see there has been nothing to worry about from this part of the belt.
    2012-06-16_12-54-40_16.jpg

2012-06-16_12-54-31_432.jpg

Overall I have been very pleased wearing this belt every day, but now after having it for a while, I'm now in the down the road mode. So I went out and found some links and I'm going to actively pursue buying a couple more to have around if and when this one fails, I like this belt that much.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Wow, nice follow up. I've got a Wilderness Tactical belt that I love or I might try one of these out.

ETA how is the vertical stiffness holding up? That was always my issue with leather belts.

IndyBeerman

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    How is the vertical stiffness holding up? That was always my issue with leather belts.

Holds up well, there is no problem with vertical "rolling", if there was any problem it would make it very difficult to wear my full size Taurus PT-809 because of the outward cant and holster it correctly.

Top Bottom