• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    It was a sad day last week, my belt that I confiscated off of my late stepfather back in maybe 1985 or 86 meet it's demise.:tantrum:

The old leather belt finally gave up the ghost, it was my favorite. I tried over the years to replace it, but to no avail I'd go back to old trusty because of one thing or another, it was just a darn good fitting belt that was tried and true.

One of the things that I hated about new belts was they just could not hold up to additional holes to make it a more comfortable fit, because like most of you know, waist sizes on almost every human are not in perfect 1 inch increments.

But while at Meijer yesterday shoppong with the wife, I think I may have finally found that belt.

It's a Dickies belt, that is 1 3/8's wide with a mettle band that you pop outwards to snap locking teeth into a insert that is sewed into the back of the belt. It's can be adjusted in 1/4 inch increments for that just right fit.

My only concern is if it can hold up to my work environment and also function as a carry belt, because I'm really a one belt kinda guy except when I really have to use a dress belt.

Pics are below, take a look and I'll post how it holds up over the next month or two under work and carry conditions.

p1020086q.jpg

p1020087.jpg

p1020090i.jpg

p1020091.jpg

clyde

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Please give a review if you try this belt. Like you, I'm a one belt kinda guy, and can never find anything decent off the rack, so to speak. Like the idea, but can it measure up, I need a new belt myself. Look forward to your experience, thanks. Further, I LOVE BEER!! Liquid bread...

perminator

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    east side indy
    I recently purchased one of those belts about a month or so ago was very leary of it at first but its kinda grown on me fairly stiff and dosent roll when carrying my full size 1911 so far i like it.

IndyBeerman

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Be wearing this for the first time tomorrow at work, so might have a review up Friday night so I can get a good 4 days wearing of it.

Bastispah

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2009
    Morristown IN
    ive been having a hard time finding a quality leather belt. they all say made of leather but after a few weeks they come apart like cardbord. these are wal-mart/meijer belts, but even the ones at tractor supply seem cheap too. Any suggestions?:dunno:

Turn Key

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Kramer Leather Company

ive been having a hard time finding a quality leather belt. they all say made of leather but after a few weeks they come apart like cardbord. these are wal-mart/meijer belts, but even the ones at tractor supply seem cheap too. Any suggestions?:dunno:

I know...I know These are very expensive belts. But in a good leather product, you get what you pay for.

These Kramer Belts will last 10+ years if you take care of them properly. A touch of Lexol saddle cleaner monthly and you are good to go.

Kramer Handgun Leather: Revolver holsters, concealment holsters, paddle holster, 1911 holster, ankle holster

They have really gone up in price since I bought mine in 1998 (Which I still wear weekly).

TK :ingo:

dwordinger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2009
    Check out Wilderness Tactical Products. Their belts are infinitely adjustable, come in a range of sizes, and are stiff to provide good support for a holster. they even make a "Frequent Flyer" version with a nonmetallic buckle so you can wear your pants in an airport.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    You want a good stiff leather belt that will hold up and look good and not cost an arm and a leg? The go to an Amish harness maker in southern Indiana. Best belts you can get. The last one I bought years ago still holds up and only cost me $20.00. I had to wait until he had time to make it but it was well worth it.

IndyBeerman

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Well after 3 days of use the belt has a passing grade as of right now.

It's ability to do a quick re-adjust from going to a sitting position from a standing and vis-versa is extremly nice.

I like to wear my belt a little on the tight side when standing up (like to keep the shirt tale tucked in for apperance ), so my initial fears of the locking track on the belt failing looks at this point to be a non factor, but only time will be the telling truth to this on how durable it is.

What is not shown in the above pics is that the belt is double layer belt, which prevents outward rolling of the belt, at times while at work I have my company cell phone, a palm holder and a printer attached to my belt, and at no time have there been a problem of anything causing any outward weight pull on it.

I hope to find out this weekend on how it performs with my holster attached, if not, I will definatly be wearing it at the 1500 next weekend.

As a note to some of the above links posted, the slip belts are not something that I consider quick adjusting because there's just no way to easily back it off a half inch without go past and having to re-tighten.
    I can pop this and back off a half inch and re-lock in a jiffy, plus this is more dress orientated look, while those fall into a non casual category.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Well you sold me on this belt. I have a great leather belt for everyday but its not a dress belt and it only adjusts the old fashioned way. I will see if I can locate one of these and try it.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I'll have to look and see if I can find one. Especially in black. I could use a new black belt for dress. I like my current brown belt, but may have to replace it in a couple years anyways.

sjstill

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indy (west)
    +1. Been wearing a Wilderness CSM belt every day since July 2002. Gone back once for new velcro. Even wear it under my duty belt.

Check out Wilderness Tactical Products. Their belts are infinitely adjustable, come in a range of sizes, and are stiff to provide good support for a holster. they even make a "Frequent Flyer" version with a nonmetallic buckle so you can wear your pants in an airport.

IndyBeerman

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Well after wearing my new Dickie's belt for the almost 8 working days, and finally able to hang a oc holster on it for 6 hours today I have to give this new style locking track belt a defining :yesway:'s up for it.

It's unique locking mechanism with a tooth & track design is great for fit and function. Re-adjustments to tighten or loosen it according to what is needed at that moment is quick and easy, it also being a double thick design to incorporate the track helps strengthen the belt and still affords the ability of flexibility.

Today was the belts first chance to be blessed and christened with the added attachment of a Don Hume holster and a Taurus PT 809. It performed flawlessly and because of the double thick belt, there was no chance of any sagging or rolling of the belt.

My only regret now is that I did not purchase two of these gems, so my next mission :shady: is to stealthily sneak up and grab another one of these before the cat is out of the bag!

Top Bottom