• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Just finished this.

One- to two-point sling

All it took was 2 HK clips,80' of 550 paracord,and a brass ring from the hardware department at Rural King

My first try at weaving,tight and sturdy feeling

This started because I wanted a sling that could quickly change form but didn't want to shell out Magpul prices.

This is my very first cord project.I believe the weaving is tight enough and it feels completely solid.I'm pretty proud of myself for learning this so quickly and turning out a satisfactory product.

Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Hope you have plenty of patience.It's easy to get discouraged when you sit there working for an hour and can't see your progress but those last few weaves are a very rewarding feeling.I'd strongly recommend making a jig and making spools to work from,I clipped mine to a door frame and was working with two wads in my hands which would tangle into horrible knots or just fall apart and tangle with each other which created a nightmare.

Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    It all started by me wanting a single-point sling.I had an off brand that came with my AR,was supposed to be able to be a two- or three-point.I searched the web and decided that I wanted a single-point sling but most would result in the loss of ability to carry a rifle on my back or use as a hasty sling.Then I ran across the Magpul MS1 and liked the idea but didn't want to spend too much money.I started learning about paracord and stumbled upon a video about making a traditional style two-point out of cord and the wheels started turning.I googled for a few hours and came up with a few designs.I chose this one because the weave was simple,which is good for a first timer,and it allows you instant access to roughly 80' of cord.

Top Bottom