• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spitfire51

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    I really enjoyed that show. I thought that setup for the elimination was pretty cool having to shoot the targets to allow the balls to keep rolling to the end. I would love to have one of them in the back yard. In the team competition were they shooting sabots through a rifled barrel or was that a smooth bore and they were shooting rifled slugs?

I think on one of the captions they showed about the weapon it mentioned they were using rifled slugs. And yeah I would love to try that rolling ball target, looked like fun.

insanemonkey

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Lake County
    It is annoying how every season they say we are voting based on performance. When they are really voting based on who they like. Some people do vote on performance. I think that most don't.

I really like the elimination challenge. It really showed who could perform consistently under pressure. The shotgun challenge was not really that great. It was kind of boring to me.

It does look like they are trying to pick the winners of the elimination challenges. Why give a Glock guy a Glock to shoot. They have done it twice now and it has back fired both times.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    I really enjoyed that show. I thought that setup for the elimination was pretty cool having to shoot the targets to allow the balls to keep rolling to the end. I would love to have one of them in the back yard. In the team competition were they shooting sabots through a rifled barrel or was that a smooth bore and they were shooting rifled slugs? I wasn't real clear on that. I was just asking because I have never shot slugs through a smooth bore and not to sure about how accurate they are.

I don't think it was a rifled barrel..?..because you want to be able to shot 00 buck an other shot as well, an you don't want to do that with a rifled slug barrel...however rifled slugs 1oz. can shoot very good through smooth bores, some brands are better than others....an they were only shooting at 40 yds. Looked like a fun shoot an I love shooting shotguns with slugs.

Mike should of asked to be sent to the elimination...he bragged how he was the shotgun guy an shot 15 times an only hit 4 targets....he should of gone against Cliff an he would of been gone. Cliff looked great in elimination but isn't he the one that couldn't climb the log an kept falling off in the first event?

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    In her Gun Nuts Radio interview, she claims she was being very careful not to hit a friendly as a lawyer could use it in an officer involved shooting case.

LOL....I remember her on the show saying she wasn't use to someone firing right next to her an it really threw her off her game....so guess if shes on the SWAT team she'll be ok as long as theres no intense shooting by her partner next to her.:ar15:....yikes.

critter592

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    North Central, IN
    LOL....I remember her on the show saying she wasn't use to someone firing right next to her an it really threw her off her game....so guess if shes on the SWAT team she'll be ok as long as theres no intense shooting by her partner next to her.:ar15:....yikes.

Yah caught that. Like wtf. I had the exact same thought of what her coworkers thought of that comment.

Steve B

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    KEWANNA
    LOL....I remember her on the show saying she wasn't use to someone firing right next to her an it really threw her off her game....so guess if shes on the SWAT team she'll be ok as long as there's no intense shooting by her partner next to her.:ar15:....yikes.

So did she only qualify at the range because she was the only one there that day? Maybe everyone put their guns down so she felt all warm and fuzzy while she shot. Colby is just plain annoying. I definately want that ball target setup on my back yard range though.

g+16

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    just wondering, why did they change it to tuesday night, instead of sunday like it has been. Did'nt mean to steal thread, just wondering

Saiga223

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Is anyone else annoyed by that red haired fellow on the red team, Mike! He is supposed to be a shotgun guy but he hit 2 of 10 on the challenge after the expert labeled him the strongest performer. He sucks man! He actually had the nerve to say that he was disappointed that no one fessed up to performing poorly, Really!

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Is anyone else annoyed by that red haired fellow on the red team, Mike! He is supposed to be a shotgun guy but he hit 2 of 10 on the challenge after the expert labeled him the strongest performer. He sucks man! He actually had the nerve to say that he was disappointed that no one fessed up to performing poorly, Really!

That guy is becoming very annoying. I was glad to see them send him to the elimination round. Maybe they are realizing that he can't handle the pressure and is a non-performer during the heat of competition.

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    There are so many non-performers in this season's cast that if George were competing this year, I'd be on his side while he ripped on everyone.

insanemonkey

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Lake County
    I liked the team competition this week. It made for good drama, wondering what person was going to win or lose it for their team.

Did not like the elimination challenge though. It does not seem fair to me to cut through objects that don't break the same every time. Each piece of wood is going to break at a different point. I don't think it was an even challenge.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I liked the team competition this week. It made for good drama, wondering what person was going to win or lose it for their team.

Did not like the elimination challenge though. It does not seem fair to me to cut through objects that don't break the same every time. Each piece of wood is going to break at a different point. I don't think it was an even challenge.
    Dude. They used a Gatling gun to cut down posts! Even or not, it was pretty cool.

Any of the other challenges this season could be done by anyone on here, if they took the time to set up the course. But a Gatling gun is a fantasy.

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    So far I am less than impressed by this season overall. I loved the rolling ball challenge, but nothing else has tripped my trigger. I thought Mike should have done much better on the shotgun, and Cliff should have owned that revolver, 1875 or not. And, as stated earlier in the thread and in last season's thread...can we get some female shooters that don't FAIL so miserably once they put on the jersey?

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    The Gatling gun was awesome but it wasn't a marksmanship challenge. It was a loading challenge.
    Many of our shooting sports require reloads as part of the competition. The single-action revolver game required reloads of a handgun most weren't familiar with. Its all about a shooter adapting to a new firearm, staying clam and focused, and putting rounds down-range fast (and accurate) enough.

I can't wait to hear the complaints next week! They are throwing rocks, knives, and 'hawks! Marksmanship skills any 10-year old can master!

I dig the show, only because I can fast-forward through the drama and skip straight to the shooting. Lovin' the DVR!

Top Bottom