• ...and so much more!
  • sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    +1 for wolf match ammo

I tried cci standard, sub, and mini-mags and they shot good but had a lot of fliers

Sometimes with the wolf I can put 3 or 4 rounds through almost the same hole but can shoot all day into dime sized hole with my fv-sr at 50 yds

They keep the wolf in stock at Acme Sports in Seymour

I agree for the price the Wolf is hard to beat, Dale also keeps it in stock out at 256, if ya dont mind a story to go along with your purchase, lol

Kernal1984

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Scottsburg
    I agree for the price the Wolf is hard to beat, Dale also keeps it in stock out at 256, if ya dont mind a story to go along with your purchase, lol

Last time I stopped in dale was with another customer and I was just wanting some mini mags but ended up with a bunch of other goodies because he was talkin so much:):

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    I have the same rifle, throw a suppressor on it and its a blast, the only down fall to the rifle is the stock. Its horrid, quite a few of us ingo'ers that have this rife have resorted to the Boyds Tacticool stock.

Are you talking about the CCI Mini Mags? I have had very good luck with them as well. If you can find some might try some Wolf match its real nice stuff and is not to expensive.

The version with the longer barrel (Mark II TR) already has a Boyd's from the factory. It would be a few bucks cheaper to buy the FV-SR and install the Boyd's yourself. Plus, you have a threaded barrel, which would cost about $100 anywhere you took it if you decided to thread the TR later.

The Boyd's stock drops right in. You just need to install different bottom metal, trigger guard and screws. You will basically be switching to what Savage uses for its guns with laminated stocks. You can get the parts from Boyd's, direct from Savage, or there are other options if you want nicer, stiffer bottom metal.

Here is a kit of better parts. More $ than the Savage parts, but higher quality.

Savage 22LR Trigger Guard - Bottom Metal Kit

+1 for wolf match ammo

I tried cci standard, sub, and mini-mags and they shot good but had a lot of fliers

Sometimes with the wolf I can put 3 or 4 rounds through almost the same hole but can shoot all day into dime sized hole with my fv-sr at 50 yds

They keep the wolf in stock at Acme Sports in Seymour

Question for those of you that own one of these rifles. How often do you clean the barrell?

I've previously only shot copper jacketed bullets. I'm new to shooting non copper jacketed, oiled bullets. Do these bullets cause lead to build up quicker, thereby needing more frequent cleaning?

Thank you.

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Question for those of you that own one of these rifles. How often do you clean the barrell?

I've previously only shot copper jacketed bullets. I'm new to shooting non copper jacketed, oiled bullets. Do these bullets cause lead to build up quicker, thereby needing more frequent cleaning?

Thank you.

honestly i have prob put about 6-700 rounds threw it,all suppressed and never gave it a real good cleaning. I've sprayed some clp on it ran a swab threw it and thats it.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In

Thank you.

No, the oil ( its usually a type of beeswax) is on there to help keep the barrel from leading. Normally ill run just and oiled patch through the barrel of mine about every 500rds.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Last time I stopped in dale was with another customer and I was just wanting some mini mags but ended up with a bunch of other goodies because he was talkin so much:):

Yea hes good about that to, nice guy though so i dont mind the stories if I have time. If im in a hurry I dont go there :laugh:

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Nipprdog, here is what you do. Take a Q Tip, kinda puff out the ends of them. Soak both ends in CLP. Put the Q Tip in the barrel and push it through with your cleaning rod. Easiest way to do it, and keeps you getting consistent shots.

hoosier_sully

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Sep 14, 2010
    Valparaiso
    I'd like to expand on the method that sadclownp stated. First off it's an excellent way to clean a 22. Rather than use the cleaning rod I would opt for a small wooden dowel rod. That way no metal touches the rifling at all. I've got 3 expensive dewey cleaning rods and I don't use a single one of them because the dowel rod works so well. I believe it's a 3/16" 3 foot dowel.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Nipprdog, here is what you do. Take a Q Tip, kinda puff out the ends of them. Soak both ends in CLP. Put the Q Tip in the barrel and push it through with your cleaning rod. Easiest way to do it, and keeps you getting consistent shots.

Thanks, bud! Sounds like a good idea. I remounted the scope last night with some lower rings that have the scope as low as possible. :D I hope to make the Sep 23rd M&G. If I do, I'll bring it.

I'd like to expand on the method that sadclownp stated. First off it's an excellent way to clean a 22. Rather than use the cleaning rod I would opt for a small wooden dowel rod. That way no metal touches the rifling at all. I've got 3 expensive dewey cleaning rods and I don't use a single one of them because the dowel rod works so well. I believe it's a 3/16" 3 foot dowel.

Thanks! Another good idea.

:ingo:

:rockwoot:

bushcf

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    Terre Haute
    Just got one of these a couple weeks ago. Put a Nikon P-223 (I know they make a P-22, but I prefer the shorter scope on this rifle) Scope and it shoots like a dream.

N_K_1984

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    Nice shooting OP! I have a MKII in factory thumbhole stock. Easily one of my favorite rifles. I've shot my best with 40gr Aguila Match Rifle.

Top Bottom