Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Picked it up at the Lafayette show yesterday;

DSCN3589Pw.jpg

Put a scope rings from my other 22 to test it today. Will need lower rings. ;) I put some foam under the shell carrier to compensate. :D

The only issue was the supplied 5rd mag. It wouldn't hold bullets. They would pop back out of the mag. Luckily, I took one of the 10rd mags from the other rifle along. I'll call Savage tomorrow about getting another 5rd mag.

Like many new rimfires, it took a few groups to settle in. I shot CCI 36gr Minimags, CCI 40gr standard velocity, Fed 40gr GM Target, and Fed 40gr GM match, all at 50yds. At the end of my session, I shot this 3/8" group with the Fed GM Match;

DSCN3590pw.jpg

This was the best group with the CCI standard;

DSCN3592Pw.jpg

I think its safe to say this one is a keeper.

:D

Last edited:

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I have the same rifle, throw a suppressor on it and its a blast, the only down fall to the rifle is the stock. Its horrid, quite a few of us ingo'ers that have this rife have resorted to the Boyds Tacticool stock.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Very nice! Thats a serious group there for sure. Makes me want one of these rifles even more now:D

Thanks. I saw a post from Shooter521 that his really liked the CCI standard. It looks like mine might be the same. Which is good because its 1/4 the price of the Fed GM Match, and not oily. ;)

I have the same rifle, the only down fall to the rifle is the stock. quite a few of us ingo'ers that have this rife have resorted to the Boyds Tacticool stock.

I've seen many references to that stock. Thanks.

I need that gun in a lefty

I'll bring it to the next NWI that I can make. ;)

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    how much is the Boyd's

I like the threaded barrel on this version, but I don't own a suppressor, I have a friend that does, so it could still be a useful feature, but MSRP of the longer barreled vesrion with the nicer stock, that doesn;t have a threaded barrel is about $150-200 more iirc.
    would it be cheaper to buy this version and add a boyds?

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    how much is the Boyd's

I like the threaded barrel on this version, but I don't own a suppressor, I have a friend that does, so it could still be a useful feature, but MSRP of the longer barreled vesrion with the nicer stock, that doesn;t have a threaded barrel is about $150-200 more iirc.
    I believe the boyds is around $90.00 but then you will need the hardware which is around 20-25.

here is a picture of one
    picture.php

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Thanks. I saw a post from Shooter521 that his really liked the CCI standard. It looks like mine might be the same. Which is good because its 1/4 the price of the Fed GM Match, and not oily. ;)

Are you talking about the CCI Mini Mags? I have had very good luck with them as well. If you can find some might try some Wolf match its real nice stuff and is not to expensive.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    how much is the Boyd's

The version with the longer barrel (Mark II TR) already has a Boyd's from the factory. It would be a few bucks cheaper to buy the FV-SR and install the Boyd's yourself. Plus, you have a threaded barrel, which would cost about $100 anywhere you took it if you decided to thread the TR later.

The Boyd's stock drops right in. You just need to install different bottom metal, trigger guard and screws. You will basically be switching to what Savage uses for its guns with laminated stocks. You can get the parts from Boyd's, direct from Savage, or there are other options if you want nicer, stiffer bottom metal.

Here is a kit of better parts. More $ than the Savage parts, but higher quality.

Savage 22LR Trigger Guard - Bottom Metal Kit

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    I believe the boyds is around $90.00 but then you will need the hardware which is around 20-25.

here is a picture of one
    picture.php

Good to know. For some reason, I thought the Boyds was around $200.

Are you talking about the CCI Mini Mags?

CCI standard velocity.

just the trigger guard and floor plate.

SAVAGE 93-E/MKII .22LR TRIGGER GUARD & FLOOR PLATE - BLUED

not very difficult at all, if i can do it im sure u can

Thanks.

Very nice rifle, congrats!!!

Thanks.

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    looks like you uh... sighted in at linden? you probably saw me running around the gun show. i was there from 10 am to about 2pm on saturday.

Kernal1984

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Scottsburg
    Are you talking about the CCI Mini Mags? I have had very good luck with them as well. If you can find some might try some Wolf match its real nice stuff and is not to expensive.

+1 for wolf match ammo

I tried cci standard, sub, and mini-mags and they shot good but had a lot of fliers

Sometimes with the wolf I can put 3 or 4 rounds through almost the same hole but can shoot all day into dime sized hole with my fv-sr at 50 yds

They keep the wolf in stock at Acme Sports in Seymour

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    looks like you uh... sighted in at linden?

Yes on Linden.

+1 for wolf match ammo

I tried cci standard, sub, and mini-mags and they shot good but had a lot of fliers

Sometimes with the wolf I can put 3 or 4 rounds through almost the same hole but can shoot all day into dime sized hole with my fv-sr at 50 yds

They keep the wolf in stock at Acme Sports in Seymour

I had a box of the Wolf match, but forgot to take it. :xmad:

But, its like the Federal Match that I took, very oily. Why is that? :dunno:

Enkrypter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Somewhere
    CCI Mini-Mags are the only .22 round I buy anymore. They are the most consistent and cycle flawlessly in almost every .22 I own. They are great!

Nice piece! <3 Savage rifles. All my savages shoot like that.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Yes on Linden.

I had a box of the Wolf match, but forgot to take it. :xmad:

But, its like the Federal Match that I took, very oily. Why is that? :dunno:

Aids in feeding, and I belive suppose to help accuracy, no weither or not thats true :dunno: maybe it is. I know I like RWS match ammo alot but man its expensive. An its suppose to cut down on "leading" your barrel since it coats the inside of the barrel.

Top Bottom