• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    Thank you so very, very much for clarifying. Nobody here would have had a clue otherwise:rolleyes:

It appears that the only two posting on the issue in fact got it wrong, so you can roll your eyes all you want; if the purpose of a forum is discussion and clarification, I see no problem in clarifying an issue of discussion in the thread.:dunno:

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    all that and no threaded barrel?

but I guess thats not the point. The sights are for use with an optic.

that said, I'll probably buy one ;)

seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I think you are right. Although they are "Supressor" sights I think it is clear they are meant to be used to co-witness with the optic.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    After talking about this tonight by the awesome bonfire I've decided the slide is way too busy with logos and acronyms. Also, why the need to make it a pro? The M&P owner friends I have would rather have their APEX parts.

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    wonder how the trigger is going to compare to the Pro series or the apex,

smith needs to get their act together on the trigger, They have a great package and then let lawyers dictate the trigger

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Smith does need to do something about the trigger system they provide. I'm not sure what part their lawyers play, but the Apex system seems to be the direction most people are going.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I'm in the market for a 5" pro. (Paying attention Mark?) After seeing/sighting iChoke's 'holographic' this weekend, I'd be tempted to go this route. Even if I can never afford to purchase an optic in the future, at least I have the option to easily add one?

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    The trigger on the M&P Shield is suppose to be much better than the standard M&P version. Supposedly the shield type trigger is suppose to work its way into the normal handgun production.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    The trigger on the M&P Shield is suppose to be much better than the standard M&P version. Supposedly the shield type trigger is suppose to work its way into the normal handgun production.

I didn't think the Shield trigger was any better than the standard M&P, but I've heard some say that.

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    10-8 Performance: Trijicon RMR equipped M&P

Hilton yam has broken a few trijicon rmr's. I am planning to get an m&p 40 L, drop in the apex kit, and by the time I get around to buying a red dot, I figure they should be through beta testing.

I'd have no issue putting an rmr on a rifle in an offset mount. I am just hesitant because the slide reciprocates, I see this as a potential point of failure.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Thread Resurrection!!!:D

Here's Miculek going over the finer points of the new CORE, and doing some fine shooting with it while he's at it. Vid is a bit lengthy, but worth watching if you're interested in this platform.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcR2armhilo

So if I get this gun, I can shoot as fast and accurately as he can?!

Seriously though, thanks for the vid... The revisit has me contemplating a purchase now!

Top Bottom