• gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Which "tier" did you go with?

The tier 2 would be just about the same cost when you factor in shipping. With that they say they install a "rimfire technologies trigger" but don't show an example. Does it look flashy?

Maybe Rimfire Central has a comparison.

I did the Tier 2. I do have the trigger also. I chose black so it's not very noticeable. It is wider than the factory. It has a nice feel. I also had him put the "pull style" mag release. The trigger pull weight is 2.5#. My bill was $79.50.

I am not a flashy kind of guy so I keep things as conservative as I can.

Poncho53

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 5, 2013
    Hammond
    I purchased one for myself and one for my dad at 7am the day they came out and am lucky i did because they were backordered pretty quickly. Seems the light grey cover wasn't necessary because all it does is allow you to dry fire it before installation. Probably could have some some $ doing without it.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Cracks me up how people still think that plastic is a "downgrade". I wonder how many generations it will take before people realize that in a lot of applications plastic is stronger and lighter. I won't even get into malleability and lubricity along with the resistance to corrosion benefits of plastic.

This reviewer sounds like he is young yet he believes he is "downgrading" the housing by going from metal to plastic.

I feel sorry for Glock, M&P, SA, power tool, automobile, etc. owners who have had to settle for stuff made out of plastic.:)

Looks like a nice piece.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Cracks me up how people still think that plastic is a "downgrade". I wonder how many generations it will take before people realize that in a lot of applications plastic is stronger and lighter. I won't even get into malleability and lubricity along with the resistance to corrosion benefits of plastic.

This reviewer sounds like he is young yet he believes he is "downgrading" the housing by going from metal to plastic.

I feel sorry for Glock, M&P, SA, power tool, automobile, etc. owners who have had to settle for stuff made out of plastic.:)

Looks like a nice piece.

Bought my first 10/22 years ago. Bought a take down model when they were introduced. If it wasn't for the internet, I probably wouldn't have noticed the difference in housings. Damn interweb.

TTB Yeee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Ohio
    Shady executive: "Our triggers suck. What should we do?"
    Newbie executive with some ethics remaining: "We could improve the trigger in the new guns..."
    :rofl:
    Shady executive: "No, silly - we keep selling the junking ones and get people to buy NEW ones to fix our mistakes!"

OK, I jest. And I too await a Midway sale.

Ruger® Elite 452™ MSR Trigger-ShopRuger

They just released an AR trigger group as well. Just received the email about 10 minutes ago.

indygunguy

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    110   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    NE Side of Indy
    I will look forward to a review on this!

I got one of these new Ruger AR triggers. It sucks. In fact, I'm sending it back.

The first stage is nice and light. The second stage is heavy, and I mean VERY heavy. The trigger reset is, well... "awkward" is the best way I can describe it. I have to take my finger almost all the way off the trigger in order for it to go forward and reset. And the reset is VERY gritty. - All this even with lube in the right places.

All-in-all I expected something much nicer.

I have stock mil-spec AR triggers and I have Geissele SSAE's. I'd take any of the stock mil-spec triggers over this Ruger offering any day. And truly, if you really want a nicer trigger just go for it and get a Geissele or Timney.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I got one of these new Ruger AR triggers. It sucks. In fact, I'm sending it back.

The first stage is nice and light. The second stage is heavy, and I mean VERY heavy. The trigger reset is, well... "awkward" is the best way I can describe it. I have to take my finger almost all the way off the trigger in order for it to go forward and reset. And the reset is VERY gritty. - All this even with lube in the right places.

All-in-all I expected something much nicer.

I have stock mil-spec AR triggers and I have Geissele SSAE's. I'd take any of the stock mil-spec triggers over this Ruger offering any day. And truly, if you really want a nicer trigger just go for it and get a Geissele or Timney.

Yeah, got with a Geissele... I have used a couple of their triggers and they do not disappoint. I have zero interest in the Ruger AR trigger. Just in the one for the 10-22

Hawkwind2112

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2014
    Evansville
    After reading the mixed reviews on the Ruger BX Trigger I decided that it was not worth it for me to try one at the price they are selling for. I had already read many reviews of Brimstone's trigger work and I couldn't find any reviews that said anything other than excellent, so I decided to have them do mine. I just had the $35 Tier 3 trigger job done on my Ruger Charger trigger group and it is nothing short of a night and day difference between the Brimstone Tier 3 trigger job and the way it came from the factory! There is minimal trigger travel with no grit and it has a clean break with very little over travel and minimal reset. I don't have a trigger pull gauge but it is very light and their followup info says it is set at the 2.5 pounds that I asked for. I would highly recommend Brimstone!

Ruger 10/22 ? Brimstone Gunsmithing

Last edited:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Which "tier" did you go with?

The tier 2 would be just about the same cost when you factor in shipping. With that they say they install a "rimfire technologies trigger" but don't show an example. Does it look flashy?

Maybe Rimfire Central has a comparison.
    I just got the "Basic" Brimstone trigger job back.

:alright:

Very little creep, a clean, crisp 2.5 pounds and a modest amount of over-travel. And in all, definitely worth the cost for me.

Brewster

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2015
    Bloomington
    When will they start including a smoother trigger in their guns from stock instead of having people buy one after the fact? If you recognize there is a problem, fix it.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    When will they start including a smoother trigger in their guns from stock instead of having people buy one after the fact? If you recognize there is a problem, fix it.

I would think they are trying to keep the price reasonable and competitive so that a larger audience can afford to buy one. It is not a "problem". People have shot factory 10/22's for years and have done well with them.

For most firearms, factory triggers are what they are. You have to move up in price and/or go the gunsmith or aftermarket route to significantly improve the trigger. I tend to work the triggers on most of my firearms but that's because I am a tinkerer at heart and I want every bit of advantage since I'm not the greatest shot to begin with.:)

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I think that Ruger recognizes that their 10/22 is like an AR in respect to customizing. The platform is VERY reasonably priced to get into, and then people can customize to their hearts content. If they were to improve the trigger, the cost is going to go up, and not everyone's tastes are the same when it comes to trigger feel.

At the price it is, plus a $35 trigger job from Brimstone (or more if you get more than the basic trigger job), you still have a VERY cheap and awesome 22 rifle. Or, you can go all out and get a $200 Timney drop in, or something from Kidd or VQ.

I, for one, am glad Ruger is keeping the cost down and letting me spend my money on the trigger in the manner I choose.

Top Bottom