• ...and so much more!
  • ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    10/22 production is a funny thing. They seem to vary a LOT

* MY 10/22 is a basic model, and was purchased new in the early 90's. It has an 18" blued barrel, fancy hardwood stock, and an aluminum barrel band and trigger pack.

* The little womans 10/22 is also a basic model, and it was purchased new about 6 months ago. It has an 18" parkerized barrel, strait-grain hardwood stock, krinkle-paint, and a plastic barrel band and trigger pack.

* my dads new 10/22 is also a base model, purchased new just a month ago. It looks JUST like mine with a blued barrel and an aluminum barrel band and trigger pack. I know its a recent production gun, but it looks just like the old-school models.

All of these guns cost about the same when you adjust for inflation over the last few decades.

I think the problem is that Ruger makes so DARN many different models and variants that its hard to tell whats what anymore.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I just bought a new 10/22 carbine about a month ago at Gander and it had the aluminum trigger group and blued barrel. Picked it up for $220 brand new. It now has the TechSights TS100 sights on it and shoots great. I still need to make a couple of mods like the extended mag release but for now, it is a blast and one of the more popular guns to shoot when we go to the range.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I just bought a new 10/22 carbine about a month ago at Gander and it had the aluminum trigger group and blued barrel. Picked it up for $220 brand new. It now has the TechSights TS100 sights on it and shoots great. I still need to make a couple of mods like the extended mag release but for now, it is a blast and one of the more popular guns to shoot when we go to the range.

I just did that and the auto-bolt-release mod myself with a dremel, a drill, and a 1/4-20 tap. The extended mag release just needs a hole in the existing mag release, tapped, and a 1/4-20 bolt (or thumb screw) in it. You can red-loctite it in, too, if you want to make sure it doesn't go anywhere.

Saves some coin and it's satisfying to know you did it yourself.

Blessings,
    Bill

punker39

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    north west side indianapolis
    10-22

the 100 yard group with my 10/22 that is about 20 years old all metal and wood

picture.php
    [/IMG]
    picture.php
    [/IMG]

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Thanks Bill. I like the idea of doing the extended mag release myself. I've always been a fan of making something work without the fancy stuff.

Top Bottom